Has anyone welded on the copy frames?

I am going to need to move my shock mount on my Sikk107. They say it has a chromoly frame. Does anyone know if this is true? I would rather have a welder move the stock shock mount than buy one of the adapters.

I am going to need to move my shock mount on my Sikk107. They say it has a chromoly frame. Does anyone know if this is true? I would rather have a welder move the stock shock mount than buy one of the adapters.

i have mig welded on my 2005 pitster pro frame (a crash ripped off the rear pipe mount from the frame) went right on with no problems.

just clean the area vert well prior to starting to weld ,grinder/wire brush ''both is best''.

you could do like a friend did to his red baron frame he got a staggs shock mount trimmed it and fully welded it to his frame ,strong as hell and looks factory too.

Just make sure to prep the area first (grind the paint or powdercoat off down to bare metal) and weld away. You should have not problems as long as whoever welds it lays down a good bead and gets good penetration on the weld.