Sign in to follow this  

Jacksonville, FL riding?

There's a possible transfer to Jacksonville, FL in our future... just wondering how the riding is around there, track and/or trail? :thumbsup:

www.northfloridamotocross.com Located in Hilliard near the FL/GA line

www.waldomotorsports.com Located in, you guessed it, Waldo, FL

www.hardrockmx.com HardRock Cycle Park in Ocala, FL

Actually, here's a good link that has a bunch of Florida tracks listed: www.prosportsusa.com/tracks.htm

Listed there and also within decent driving distance are Bithlo Motorsports near Orlando and PaxTrax which is in Bunnell, FL.

For trail riding, look at the Florida Trail Riders Associations offical page at www.floridatrailriders.org

IMHO you will be in one of the best places in state of Florida for the our sport. Living in the NW quadrant of the state, you have easy access to all these places,and it's really not that bad to drive to some of the other great trail riding states like GA, SC, and NC :thumbsup:

IMHO you will be in one of the best places in state of Florida for the our sport. Living in the NW quadrant of the state, you have easy access to all these places,and it's really not that bad to drive to some of the other great trail riding states like GA, SC, and NC :thumbsup:

I'd have to agree. We live in Brunswick, GA and don't have near the selection of tracks within the same distance as the people in Jacksonville. Actually, all of the places we ride are in FL, with the exception of Durhamtown. Tracks within an hour of Jax include North Florida MX, Pax, Waldo, and Bostwick. Even more if you want to go a little further. And you are still within a reasonable distance of Durhamtown, and of course there is Ocala Nat. Forest.

OH, and at some point, TT member davbrucas will reply and tell you that every track in the United States, with, of course, the exception of those in Texas, sucks, and that Florida tracks are all a total waste of real estate...........or something along those lines! :thumbsup::confused:

I'd have to agree. We live in Brunswick, GA and don't have near the selection of tracks within the same distance as the people in Jacksonville. Actually, all of the places we ride are in FL, with the exception of Durhamtown. Tracks within an hour of Jax include North Florida MX, Pax, Waldo, and Bostwick. Even more if you want to go a little further. And you are still within a reasonable distance of Durhamtown, and of course there is Ocala Nat. Forest.

OH, and at some point, TT member davbrucas will reply and tell you that every track in the United States, with, of course, the exception of those in Texas, sucks, and that Florida tracks are all a total waste of real estate...........or something along those lines! :thumbsup::bonk:

Now THAT is funny :thumbsup: , but oh so true!

Hey stezlaki, we probably wont see you out there at NFMX for a couple months. I broke my collarbone at Bostwick last weekend :confused:. I knew it was just a matter of time.

I broke my collarbone at Bostwick last weekend :bonk:. I knew it was just a matter of time.

Ouch..........been there done that. I broke mine (and a couple ribs) at Hilliard a little over a year ago. Got one of those Chad Reed shoulder separation type injuries a few months ago on the other side. I guess 220# hitting the ground carries a lot of force! :thumbsup:

Hope you heal quick and are back riding soon! :confused:

Oh, and BTW, if you'd have been riding in Texas, that never would have happened! :thumbsup:

L2F,

Geez, another Lawyer in FL (joking, you are the Thumpette lawyer right?)

Anyhow, you can see all the FL tracks at "prosportsusa.com" and then there are a couple that are not on there yet plus you have ONF and Croom for trails. If you don't mind driving then the state has a lot to offer as well as Georgia (Aionia, DP, etc.). There is also FTR if you want to race as well as local Gold cup and other series for certain area's. If you do get here keep an eye to the posts as I ride all over (tracks and trails) and you two are welcome to join.

Don :thumbsup:

Hey, that is where I live!! Girl, I will hook you up with all the info no worries!

Hey, that is where I live!! Girl, I will hook you up with all the info no worries!

Well now, you just made my night, girlfriend! :bonk: Its not a sure thing, by any means... also, if his transfer is to Jacksonville it means he'll be on ship duty ( my boyfriend is in the Navy :thumbsup: ) but its sure nice to know I'd have riding buddies around ... and at least one new mega-awesome fellow-chica riding buddy, to boot! :thumbsup: (I love TT for that, I got the inside scoop on LA from KimYZ250F before I moved to New Orleans, too!)

Thanks to all for the responses! I'll find out a definate answer in the next three months. :confused:

Sweet! Keep me posted, we'll tear it up! If he is on ship duty he'll be out of Mayport which I am pretty close to as well. I'm glad I saw this. I haven't been over here in a while either.