Sign in to follow this  

any ideas?

hello, I have a 1998 CR 125. I just put a new crank, cylinder and top end on my bike. Got everything back together right, except for the left power valve would not close all the way(like an 1/8 inch from closing fully.) compression is great also. Here's the kicker......... First kick it hit for a second and then would not hit for the next 30 kicks. I checked to see if I was getting fire and it was getting great fire. The plug was real wet though. So, with the plug out I kicked it a few times put the plug back in and it hit on the first kick again and wouldn't do anything after that again. I did this sequence about ten times and the same thing everytime(fire on the first kick and then nothing until I took the plug out and rolled it a few times and put it back in). Could that power valve not closing all the way have anything to do with this hard starting? seems to me like its loading up with too much fuel but why I can't figure out. Everything is the same setting as before I rebuilt it. Oh yeah, new sparkplug and it was wetting the plug without the choke on. Please someone help me!!!!!!! Thanks

Rob

You could check if your airscrew is out, if the jets are clogged, maybe your throttle is sticking or pulling a little bit and it's flooding it, you might have an air blockage, and check the float level.

You could check if your airscrew is out, if the jets are clogged, maybe your throttle is sticking or pulling a little bit and it's flooding it, you might have an air blockage, and check the float level.

I would do that

sounds like a jetting issue. check your float setting, make sure all of the jets are clear, and check to see if the reeds are cracked, chipped or otherwise no good... :thumbsup:

Hey guys, thanks alot for the info!!!!!! I was thinking the same things that you guys said too, but I went out about 20 minutes ago and it fired right up like nothing was wrong LOL. What did that do, leaving it set all night? The only thing I can think is maybe all the 2 stroke oil I coated the piston and cylinder with had something to do with it........LOL What do you guys think? Thanks for the great info!!!!!!!!

Rob