Sign in to follow this  

Does this look right? (oil filter)

Changed the oil tonight on my 01 YZ250F and noticed that the new filter's rubber looks different than the one previously in it. The old one is on the left and the new one is on the right in the box. Is this just a different design in that it is solid or does it need those slots?

DSC00998.jpg

I use the same oil filters as you in my 05, It is slightly different.

If the OD diameter is the same- then is OK :thumbsup:

Sometimes manufactures change the way a filter looks, but the fit/function is the same.

I believe Hi-FLO Filtro makes the oil filters for K&N. The last Hi-Flo I bought was exactly the same as the K&N #kn-141. They even have 141 in the part number on both brands. BTW, Hi-FLO's are cheaper too.

Your 2001 will be the KN-142 (wire mesh)

from 2003-current they use paper element - KN-141

BTW, I've been using them since 2002, never a problem. Alot cheaper than OEM too.

I believe Hi-FLO Filtro makes the oil filters for K&N. The last Hi-Flo I bought was exactly the same as the K&N #kn-141. They even have 141 in the part number on both brands. BTW, Hi-FLO's are cheaper too.

Your 2001 will be the KN-142 (wire mesh)

from 2003-current they use paper element - KN-141

BTW, I've been using them since 2002, never a problem. Alot cheaper than OEM too.

dang dealership gave me a 141 (paper) NOT a 142 (wire mesh)!:thumbsup: Can I still run this filter being as I've installed it and filled it with new oil.