Sign in to follow this  

Anybody know what's up with E-town??

What The Hell Is Going On? I Only Live About 7 Miles Away And Haven't Been Able To Ride Yet.. Has Anyone Heard Whats Going On? Where Is Everybody Going Now? I Hear Njorvp Sucks......

What The Hell Is Going On? I Only Live About 7 Miles Away And Haven't Been Able To Ride Yet.. Has Anyone Heard Whats Going On? Where Is Everybody Going Now? I Hear Njorvp Sucks......

I believe E-town's only opening the practice track on select Saturdays. No more Friday-Sunday every weekend.

Here's the Etown schedule: Practice Schedule Looks like they had to turn to the AMA as a last resort for insurance...good going to whichever scumbag sued Englishtown last year. :thumbsup:

Also, NJORVP doesn't "Suck"...but it's not as good as Etown. It's a good alternate riding area though, when you figure that Etown is $40 per day now.

"What The Hell Is Going On? I Only Live About 7 Miles Away And Haven't Been Able To Ride Yet.. Has Anyone Heard Whats Going On? Where Is Everybody Going Now? I Hear Njorvp Sucks......"

NJORVP doesn't suck... and, you should go yourself and decide...

The Intermediate Track was groomed and the MX was being groomed as well... as for the sprinklers, as of today, it really doesn't matter! lol :thumbsup:

We're planning on riding tomorrow and we'll have fun no matter what the conditions!! Woohooo!! :thumbsup:

Looks like they had to turn to the AMA as a last resort for insurance...good going to whichever scumbag sued Englishtown last year. :thumbsup:

From what I heard the "scumbag" got hit by someone doing wheelies (or at least riding up and down) in the parking area. He was not on the track and apparently suffered a broken leg. Anyone have any more or different info? Seems like this is all the fault of someone who was doing what they shouldn't have been doing, namely racing around the parking area. I'll bet whoever hit him didn't have any liability insurance on their bike. Don't forget to thank that dickhead.

Looks like they had to turn to the AMA as a last resort for insurance...good going to whichever scumbag sued Englishtown last year. :thumbsup:

From what I heard the "scumbag" got hit by someone doing wheelies (or at least riding up and down) in the parking area. He was not on the track and apparently suffered a broken leg. Anyone have any more or different info? Seems like this is all the fault of someone who was doing what they shouldn't have been doing, namely racing around the parking area. I'll bet whoever hit him didn't have any liability insurance on their bike. Don't forget to thank that dickhead.

I have yet to hear a version like that yet. When it was originally posted on Motonews, they were saying that the guy broke his leg riding and got himself a good lawyer that worked his way around the waiver. It's all speculation right now I guess, unless anyone has spoken to the owners of Englishtown. Either way it sucks for all of us now. :thumbsup:

I have yet to hear a version like that yet. When it was originally posted on Motonews, they were saying that the guy broke his leg riding and got himself a good lawyer that worked his way around the waiver. It's all speculation right now I guess, unless anyone has spoken to the owners of Englishtown. Either way it sucks for all of us now. :thumbsup:

i think what also happens is ..someone gets hurt and there insurance finds out where it happened and they go after the etown insurers.....

it's not that people win these cases either ..it's just the fact that etown has so many claims against them and it cost them money either way...

:thumbsup::confused::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::cry::bonk::cry::bonk::bonk::cry::eek::eek::o:D:p:eek::eek::lol::lol::lol:

Those :thumbsup: lightweights belong on a golf-course,not a moto-cross track.

I find it hard to believe that they have no problems with insuring one of the most popular 1/4 miles in the Northeast, but can't get insurance on an established practice track, 3 days a week, 9 months a year. There is more to the story.

I find it hard to believe that they have no problems with insuring one of the most popular 1/4 miles in the Northeast, but can't get insurance on an established practice track, 3 days a week, 9 months a year. There is more to the story.

i think you are 100% correct...........

Having drag raced for years I can tell you that it's a rare occurence for any one to get hurt drag racing. It's more dangerous driving on the Parkway to get to the track then it is to race.

Most mx tracks have the ambulance running constantly.

It is my understanding that each of the different Motorsports Facilities at Englishtown are a unique and separate entity, and, as such, have distinct insurance coverage that pertains specifically to that Motorsport only. The dragstrip is one thing, the karting is another, etc. The MX Practice tracks do not fall under the same entity as the MX Race track.

i have a feeling if they do get insurance, the track is going to be lamed down :thumbsup: not that this is a bad thing but 3-4 years ago there were some "bigger" jumps compared to what it is today. Its too bad every fagget has to sue!!

I may have it wrong, but I think there were 2 incidents last year that resulted in lawsuits. One was a guy that fell in a wet spot after the track was watered and the suit claims they 'flooded' the track making it unsafe. That of course is total BS, but who knows what a jury will believe. The other I hear was someone who borrowed a bike in the pits, didn't know how to ride and hit a woman...the woman should have a case against the idiot, but of course he probably has no assets or insurance, so they go after the track. I heard the guy who hit her has also filed suit, I find that impossible to believe, but who knows.

So now insurance is backing away from just the MX practice track. Raceway Park hasn't had lawsuits over any of the other activities there. All I know is I've got to drive 2 or more hours to practice now. So instead of 2 times a week, it's like 2 times a month. I'm in talks to build my own track close to where I live, but it will be just for me. There is no way I can risk letting anyone else near there. Sad, but that's what the world has become.

I think I heard someone went through the fence on the intermediate track and hit a lady..who knows

I had heard the same thing about the rider going through the fence and hurting someone....

The problem with alot of these types of law suits is that they don't usually go to trial... it's many times cheaper for the insurance company to settle out of court and make the problem go away - which of course, sets a precedence and paves the way for the rest of the frivolous law suits!! Very frustrating for the owners as well as those that want to ride!! :thumbsup:

Well, either way, let's hope they can work something out for those that ride at E-town!!

:thumbsup:

Well waivers are pretty much useless. IIRC by law you do not have the right to waive your rights. Its very stupid, and thats why there is so many law suits. If a waiver actualy meant something, no one would be able to sue unless there is gross negligence on the part of the track, just how God intended.

Hey Punkrock MX, I'm in Old Bridge.....Do you know anywhere else to go??

nothing legal of course

chats is okay if you're into motoing, i prefer "bigger" jumps like the ones at etowns prac. track and race track, however i also like doing motos, so i kind of like chatsworth:)

theres alot of good riding around us, you just need to go on a nice day after a rain fall and when to go (ie: not on weekends)

im in englishtown, sort of :thumbsup: