Sign in to follow this  

arm pump

I raced last summer in a vintage class for the first time in 25 yrs and had arm pump like I never had before. It slowed me down considerably. I talked to other riders that day and they told me to relax my grip pressure and relax my arms when I could during the race. I have never had this on a trail anywhere so I think because I am out just having fun and not hanging on for dear life for an entire moto that grip pressure and keeping your arms tight has something to do with it. Also hanging on to a 1974 MX bike with no suspension can not be good, I would much rather ride my new KTM.

about all you can do is ride. relax your grip also.

i take potassium (sp) pills too, so my arms dont cramp. that helps a little bit.

Try squeezing the bike with your legs and that should let you loosen your grip a lil.

Just be mentaly aware of how tight you are holding on to the bars. I know sometimes I have a death grip on the bars and my arms are toast in 5 mins.. but if I keep my grip in the back of my mind and kinda keep checking up on it, I dont seem to have any problems..

the more often you ride, the less arm pump youll get. I used to get it, but i dont any more coz i ride at least 4days of single track a week.

The more you ride the easier it will be but without doubt riding style plays the biggest part, losen your grip and relax your arms, hold on with your knees :thumbsup:

Spray on stuff called moto 911. Works great and you can use it on other aches and pains as well.

what u got to do is get in the jim and work all of your upper body and your arms...it works bueno!!!

I think arm pump comes a lot more from how tense and tight you are in your upper body when you ride... than how good of shape you arms are in. The more you ride... the looser you ride... the less arm pump you'll have. :thumbsup:

I used to get Arm pump really bad. I got rid of it by eating healthy, adding forearms to my weightlifting routine, taking pump-x (A supplement for arm pump) and riding at least 3 times a week. Focus on using your legs more when you ride. Now, I don't even need to take the pump-x any more.

I used to get Arm pump really bad. I got rid of it by eating healthy, adding forearms to my weightlifting routine, taking pump-x (A supplement for arm pump) and riding at least 3 times a week. Focus on using your legs more when you ride. Now, I don't even need to take the pump-x any more.
yeah excercising works real good!!

What has really helped me is to sit forward and keep my elbows up to transfer the load to your shoulders instead of your four arms to hold on.

What has really helped me is to sit forward and keep my elbows up to transfer the load to your shoulders instead of your four arms to hold on.
ill try it