Sign in to follow this  

TrailTech Computer for TC450

Does anyone out there know if you can mount a trailTech Computer on a TC450 2005

I have the Scotts overmount damper with Protaper 1 1/8 CR Hi Bars forward position.

Scotts has advised that they don't have a dashboard for this setup

Going to Baja for a 300 mile ride and would like to have this on the bike

Any Ideas? BajaHuskys - any thoughts?

HuskyT

I put the TrailTech Lynx on my 2006 TE510 because the stock unit was/is lame. I see no reason why you could not put the Lynx on your TC450. You might have to build a simple mount for it like I did. See post over on HuskyTalk. I cannot post pictures here (which is also lame).

I sold my TC to a guy from Alpine last month. Hoping to score either a TC 250 or 510 this summer. I dont see why you can't run it on your 510? Final cutoff for our Baja ride is the 10th. Looks like 12 riders. Good crowd. :thumbsup: Steny

hi whats up,

I was in the process of mounting a trailtech on my 05 tc450 and yes mounting the sensor requires a little thought. however Ive decided instead to mount my Garmin GPS5 instead. it requires no sensor and you can arrange the dash to show speed, odometer, tripmeter, heading and it resets very easily the tripmeter. Also is best to use a remote boosted antenna . I have used it on my old drz and it is very accurate and reliable also compact and waterproof. you can probably pick one up on ebay for under $2oo. this unit also has an offroad user feature which always points to your designated home point along with miles to this point.

I hate to bag on TrailTech to bad but I've had a dozen of them on bikes. They keep replacing them under warrantee. They might last forever or they might last 10 miles, you just never know. I'd go with the GPS but make sure you wire it to the bike. Batteries will fuzz out on you with all the vibration. If you do go with the TT, rubber mount it somehow, don't use thier dashboard. After all this said, if you need a dashboard, call Baja Designs they make one that mounts with a single bolt which gives you some mounting options.

Hey TMEX

HuskyTalk? I'm new to TT . Where do I go to View?

Thanks, HuskyT

hey Task088333

I will check out the Garmin before I buy the TrailTech..... did you hardwire or use battery?

Thanks, HuskyT

www.scottsperformance.com had a bunch of brackets, check them out. athere was also an east coast enduro company that has a bracket that mounts to a stabalizer, pretty clean. I can't find the webside though. Will forward if I find it.

Tiger

I think the stock TE sensor will work on any unit including the Trail tech. Your TC should accept the stock sensor and wiring harness. Look and see if the sensor pick up disc in on your front rotor.

you can get a connector also on ebay or mine came with the unit to hardwire to the battery. it also takes AA batteries and will run for 9 or 10 hours on them.

good luck

www.scottsperformance.com had a bunch of brackets, check them out. athere was also an east coast enduro company that has a bracket that mounts to a stabalizer, pretty clean. I can't find the webside though. Will forward if I find it.

Tiger

Hey Tiger,

Scotts doesn't have one... they called Trailtech and they don't either other than a bar mount. If you find out the east coast place let me know... I'll get a bunch of information and then buy what makes sense.

Thanks,

HuskyT

Hey TMEX

HuskyTalk? I'm new to TT . Where do I go to View?

Thanks, HuskyT

It is www.**************. I have a writeup over there on how to install the TrailTech on the Husky. It is quite simple.