Sign in to follow this  

What is causing this?

Last Saturday I went trail riding ( sand based) was there for 5 hours - felt fine afterwards.

On Sunday I went to the same place for 4 1/2 hours - felt fine.

Last Wednesday I went to my local track- did to laps and I was absolutly snookered- my arms were killing me. The track is clay based, very hardpacked. That will surely be part of the problem :thumbsup: but seriously am I doing something wrong. :thumbsup:

I can ride hard for 9 1/2 hours in a weekend. Go to the track and cannot do more than 6minutes without a break :bonk:

Any help will be great.

AAHH WHY ARE MY ARMS DOING THIS :confused:

Last Saturday I went trail riding ( sand based) was there for 5 hours - felt fine afterwards.

On Sunday I went to the same place for 4 1/2 hours - felt fine.

Last Wednesday I went to my local track- did to laps and I was absolutly snookered- my arms were killing me. The track is clay based, very hardpacked. That will surely be part of the problem :thumbsup: but seriously am I doing something wrong. :thumbsup:

I can ride hard for 9 1/2 hours in a weekend. Go to the track and cannot do more than 6minutes without a break :bonk:

Any help will be great.

AAHH WHY ARE MY ARMS DOING THIS :confused:

"This is motocross"

Seriously though. Motocross is more demanding in a short period of time then trail riding. Presently, you're a distance runner that's trying to spring. Your body is not used to short burst of efforts. Technique also play in game. You really have to try and spare your arms while doing laps. Don't hang one. Make the bike "push" you. :thumbsup:

Seriously though. Motocross is more demanding in a short period of time then trail riding. Presently, you're a distance runner that's trying to spring. Your body is not used to short burst of efforts. Technique also play in game. You really have to try and spare your arms while doing laps. Don't hang one. Make the bike "push" you. :thumbsup:

I'm more of a MX'er though. I ride that track every Wednesday and try and race every Sunday :thumbsup:

Motocross is more demanding in a short period of time then trail riding.
That depends on where he's trail riding and how fast he's going. I've seen serious mx'ers get seriously worked over by some gnarly single track.

The problem could be his suspension set up.

Or possibly he's not pushing it on the trails as hard, or the types trails he rides are not challenging enough.

Or possibly he's a bit more intense at the mx track and he's hanging on too hard.

I am the same the way. I can ride trails forever without a problem, but when I hit up the track I get tired very easily. And I really only ride track, but rarely I will go with friends to hit up trails. :thumbsup:

Or possibly he's a bit more intense at the mx track and he's hanging on too hard.

I think you got it.

I think it is that your to stiff and over griping the bike because the track is hardpack, try loosening up and see if that helps.

I like the MX a million times more than trails and i go for trail rides ones every month and spend every free minute of that month on the track. The track can take it out of you very quickly. I had the same problem when i started ridinding MX untill i asked one of my friends to give me some tips. So.. here are some tips:

1) ride at a speed that you are confordable with. (Dont think for one second that you are RC or Stewart because u will get hurt)

2)Choose your lines because if you don't have good lines you will get tired quickly because you keep having to fight the bike instead if riding it.

3)Use good trottle controll in, around and out of corners.(dont't blib the throttle around corners and stuff to keep you speed.

4)Work on rding techneque and style.

5)Dont grip the handle bars to tight(ride the bike not the other way around where you hang on for your dear life)

Just those 5 points will help you get through alot more laps before getting tired.

Let us know how it goes.

oh and dont forget to breath properly, that is very impportant because i know when i hit a bit of a straight and less damding sections of the track i take a couple of good deep breaths. helps you focus too.