Sign in to follow this  

no spark

OK, I figured out my "flywheel hitting the new crankcase" cover problem last night. Here's chapter 2: I have no spark.

Is the stator (and pulse thingy) very sensitive to handling? In the course of figuring out the flywheel problem, I did r/r the stator atleast 4 times so I'm wondering if I broke it somehow? I've checked the connections..all seem fine. Any ideas?

Should the stator copper wiring be at all visible? I have one spot where I can see a little bit of the wire...does this matter?

Image343.jpg

You can check your stator for continuity and you will know if its good or not. I'd be suprised if its broken from handeling it unless you've been extreamly rough. The copper you see is normal. I'd be making sure during the manipulating of the wireing you havn't inadvertantly unpluged somthing.

I've seen one stator bad on these bikes and what was wrong with it was the magnets on each end of those fingers some were cracked and broken off. So inspect your magnets and make sure they all look good and intact. From what I see of the ones on your pic, they look good.

Thanks, Joe.

I'm thinking that I must of pinched some wires...maybe the two going to the stator (that run under the pulse generator).

I checked the 2 pulse generator wires for continuity and they're fine. But how do I test the 2 wires going into the stator? They're sealed so I don't want to disturb the seal. Is it as simple as touching one of the stator lobes with my tester and checking for cont. at the wire connector(s) up above?

See pic:Image349.jpg

Thanks for your (and anybody elses) help..

Mike

I've seen one stator bad on these bikes and what was wrong with it was the magnets on each end of those fingers some were cracked and broken off. So inspect your magnets and make sure they all look good and intact. From what I see of the ones on your pic, they look good.

Yeah, they all look good. Thanks, though.

Thanks, Joe.

I'm thinking that I must of pinched some wires...maybe the two going to the stator (that run under the pulse generator).

I checked the 2 pulse generator wires for continuity and they're fine. But how do I test the 2 wires going into the stator? They're sealed so I don't want to disturb the seal. Is it as simple as touching one of the stator lobes with my tester and checking for cont. at the wire connector(s) up above?

See pic:Image349.jpg

Thanks for your (and anybody elses) help..

Mike

You should be able to test them farther up on the wire. Unless Honda made this stater differnat than most. You won't be able to get continuity from just touching one of the lobes or wraps as they are coated as well.