putting on graphics

i just bought some new graphics for my yzf 250 and i was wondering if theere is any tips on taking off the old ones or putting on the new ones

maybe using a blow dryer or heat gun, warm them up pretty good and they should peel right off, then clean the plastic really good with brake clean. When it comes to putting new ones on, get a squirt bottle and add 1 drop of dish soap, then spray down the area your going to apply the graphics to, then put the graphics on. Make sure they are good and straight, and starting from the middle, squeegee the water out towards the sides. Do this until there are no bubbles or water under the graphics. Let them sit overnite to dry, and then you should be good to go the next day. :thumbsup:

yup thats how you do it right there

Windex works great, just spray the surface slide the graphic around, when perfect press out the excess and let it dry.

Windex works great, just spray the surface slide the graphic around, when perfect press out the excess and let it dry.

Exactly. Use a hair dryer and press/ wipe excess off with a dry dish cloth as you work it on. :thumbsup:

thanks they came out great

Wanna post a pic for us to see? And also for the windex thing, im gonna have to try that one the next time i put on graphics.

Just did my sons CRF50 lasy night. Hair dryer for removal and a real light coat of windex on the back of the decal so you can slide it into place. Use the dryer once it's there and it will dry the windex as well as form fit (shrink) the decal.

ill post a pic as soon as i can

sweet.

Put the new ones on right over the old ones!!!

maybe using a blow dryer or heat gun, warm them up pretty good and they should peel right off, then clean the plastic really good with brake clean. When it comes to putting new ones on, get a squirt bottle and add 1 drop of dish soap, then spray down the area your going to apply the graphics to, then put the graphics on. Make sure they are good and straight, and starting from the middle, squeegee the water out towards the sides. Do this until there are no bubbles or water under the graphics. Let them sit overnite to dry, and then you should be good to go the next day. :thumbsup:

I might add, use the blow dryer when installing them also to "form" them to the area. This will prevent kinks, buckles and coming off later.

yup thats how you do it right there
how do u know?