Sign in to follow this  

anyone think about getting a 125 and....

boring it out to a 144? im seriously thinking of getting 1 maybe 2 06 or 07 kx125 and having it bored to a 144 now that the 144 rule was passed. also around here they now have 125 only classes...plus 125's are easy to work on and are alot cheaper too..anyone think about doing this or am i alone?

Forget the KX125. It's dead in the US and even if they do bring out an 07 model it will only have new graphics. Get the YZ125 or KTM.

I would like to ride a yz144, my friend has a 2006 yz125 I love riding that thing it feels like a BMX bike it is so light. But I still don't think that they are as fast as the thumpers.

i would never go back to a 2 stroke! but u can buy an 06' kx125 in Canada i think

Yeah you can still get a KX125 in Canada. After I am done with the suspension, exhaust and intake I will bunch my 04 KX out to 144. As it is, it is faster than any other 125 for a HP standpoint. Well, unless KTM has picked it back up. Making it a 144 would be pretty sweet. Having gotten off my 125 and right on an 06 KX250F I think the 144 will be very competative. To say the least.

was at my local dealer today and found 4 06 KX125 on the floor. Dealer was saying he has lots of people wanting them to punch them out. I myself would agree with other reply and get a 06 YZ125 cause they work awesome and feel so light if you like the 2 smoke :thumbsup:

Jetting can be a bear on the 144s.

The KTM 125sx is still very competetive with the 250fs - depending on the course. Top end is about $110 too.

yeh the 06 yz125 is down to 191 pounds dry. That would be the shit. 130lb rider + 06 yz125 = very competitive

Jetting can be a bear on the 144s.

The KTM 125sx is still very competetive with the 250fs - depending on the course. Top end is about $110 too.

Oh yeah, got any nore details on that? I am about the lean this damn KX out for the second time to get it right. Let's just hope Pro Circuit know what I need better than Team Green LOL

yeh the 06 yz125 is down to 191 pounds dry. That would be the shit. 130lb rider + 06 yz125 = very competitive

I'm 112 LBS :-D