Jetting is really getting OLD!!!

Ive put a 165 main in mine, ive adjusted the needle to the 4th position from top, ive adjusted that damn fuel\air screw way too many times, ive opened up my Airbox to 450 R specs and thats just for my bike to run right.. AND IT STILL DOESN'T!

Im about ready to take my bike on the road and just reem the shit out of it in every gear and hope it blows up. This jetting bullshit is really pissin' me off seeing that my brothers quadracer is fuel injected and never pops and mine sounds like a piece of shit. after\before every jump letting off the throttle, POP POP POP POP BAM! POP POP! its all my bike does!

What can i do to get this thing running right? Is there anyway i can convert some sort of fuel injection on this thing? It needs it bad. I haven't been mad at this bike yet, but its really tempting me to kick it ( and no i dont mean start it )

:bonk:?:bonk:?:bonk::confused:

Ive put a 165 main in mine, ive adjusted the needle to the 4th position from top, ive adjusted that damn fuel\air screw way too many times, ive opened up my Airbox to 450 R specs and thats just for my bike to run right.. AND IT STILL DOESN'T!

Im about ready to take my bike on the road and just reem the shit out of it in every gear and hope it blows up. This jetting bullshit is really pissin' me off seeing that my brothers quadracer is fuel injected and never pops and mine sounds like a piece of shit. after\before every jump letting off the throttle, POP POP POP POP BAM! POP POP! its all my bike does!

What can i do to get this thing running right? Is there anyway i can convert some sort of fuel injection on this thing? It needs it bad. I haven't been mad at this bike yet, but its really tempting me to kick it ( and no i dont mean start it )

:bonk:?:bonk:?:bonk::confused:

528???

Start over...with the Jd jetting kit. It will put it dead on the $$. Also get a good FS. CRF's Only has a good one. 170 main, red needle...4th clip, 1 1/4 turn out on FS. Did you remove the baffle from the muffler after opening the airbox?

My understanding is that the popping on deceleration means you need more fuel with the main jet. I don't know what the factory jetting is, but any change in the air flow in or out of the motor requires a change in jetting. I would guess a bigger jet main. The other thing to look at is the spark plug. Run the bike hard in 1st gear and kill the motor before decelerating. Look at the plug color. Try to look at the burn line and the color of the plug. This will help in determining if things are rich or lean. Just my 0.02!! Hope things work out!

528???

Start over...with the Jd jetting kit. It will put it dead on the $$.

The JD jetting kit actually helped my bike with the performance, but it still pops. The JD kit is not the cureall many would like you to believe it is.

End the thread.. NO JD KIT WAS REQUIRED ALL YOU DIE HARD JD FANS that just go along with people because they said its like night and day difference.

adjusted the needle to the 5th clip, air screw 2 turns out, and airbox is wide open along with the exhaust, bike runs great, has a little bit of popping left to it, NO MORE BOG, and it doesn't sound like im riding a piece of shit around the track anymore! ?

Well you showed us! You went through hell riding a bike that wouldn't run, made a fix that you will never know whether or not it is superior than spending $ 60 bucks for a proven, well designed product. I can't believe I had the nerve to try and make you spend $ 60 bucks to make a $6000 bike run great. I'm/were sorry-we will never help you again. Please forgive us.

Appology accepted ?

i wasn't trying to be mean about it or anything above, im still not, but when someone just says that then well I don't know, im not even gonna continue with it. point here is the only money i wasted was on the mainjet and it came with the MX4 so really i spent 145 on a new pipe and a jet and adjusted everything that was stock. saved 60$ to put somewhere else on my bike.

the JD kit may be what its worth, but for me my bike runs great thanks to the help of Doug (dobent4).

Quad, I had this same problem, i went back and read the Wrench again and realized i did everything they said but forgot to change the leak jet. So i ordered the listed size, changed it an viola, runs great. I was told the leak jet has someting to do with the idle circuit when the throttle is off. Good luck.

As I recall, Doug's first advice to every newbie or others with jetting issues is "get the JD jetting kit

Well it still is.

Tell the rest of the story , this is you, bud :

THIS IS REALLY GETTING OLD!
is the same day my bike is going to get let go of off a triple. this jetting stuff is for other people i guess

don't know whats wrong with my bike as of now.. yesterday it would atleast start and run fine but with pops in it and now today it feels like it doesnt run right at all. Somethings gonna be changed.. Doug i swear man if your wrong about this kit then you aren't gonna believe how pissed i'll be
I need all the help i can get. ive never had to go through this to get a bike to run right

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS! I need it fixed before tomorrow!!!!!
the bike is running like straight sh!t... thats why i need help
but if you twist it as if you were going to normally it will bog like crazy.
I
SWEAR TO EVERYONE OF YOU THAT I WILL BUY THE JD KIT IF THIS DOES NOT CURE IT!!!
(It didn't cure it)
Pops rarely, bog is almost completly gon, and its got more power
Almost gone is not completely gone !

Now, doesn't all that headache sound like it's worth 60-70 bucks ? That was the single longest running post over at crfsonly.

Over at crfsonly he was ready to destroy the bike over a triple and otherwise was really hating life !

Lastly, this was me :

Your bike will be fine,and you'll be happy, but a little embarrassed. (you should be)

You'll think the JD kit won't /can't possibly make it any better, and you'll be wrong

And you are ! Almost gone is not completely gone bud ! And to me, especially reviewing that nightmare, it sounds like the whole thing would have been worth 200 bucks ! Doug