Sign in to follow this  

cr 80

My nephew's brought his 98 cr 80 over to the house today it quit running on him and we're trying to figure it out it has spark and fuel.but wont fire? anyone have any ideas? thanks. Chris.

You said it has a spark? how did you test it? Also when was the last time you cleaned your air filter?

Probably has something to do with the carb, take it off and clean it out. It might be clogged, or the float might be sticking.

We checked the spark it was good,put in a new air filter,pulled the carb apart,cleaned it, emptied the OLD OLD gas out and put fresh this is for you kx-rider 40-1 :bonk: and it fired right up :confused: . my brother bought this bike used for his kids,and it was a little rough to say the least, his boys ran it for an hour a it died on them, well he never changed the OLD VARNISHED GAS :thumbsup: so now they are all happy :thumbsup: thank every one who replied. Chris

ya man i have a brand new cr 85 2005 and hasnt been ran a full season yet and it wont fire either i think it might have somethin to do with the timing or somethin cause i no that it has a good spark and its good good cause cause i just got new stuff and just mixed it yester day so i dont know and i dont want to take it in cause i am broke so some help us ...

ya man i have a brand new cr 85 2005 and hasnt been ran a full season yet and it wont fire either i think it might have somethin to do with the timing or somethin cause i no that it has a good spark and its good good cause cause i just got new stuff and just mixed it yester day so i dont know and i dont want to take it in cause i am broke so some help us ...

Put a new spark plug in it, I bet you it will start right up.

ya i have a brand new spark plug in and it aint workin like i have got a new plug change my air flter and got new gace took apart my whole carb and my bowls arrnt stickin and im out of things to try and do

i need gelp :thumbsup::confused::thumbsup:

Easy stuff first then the harder stuff. Spark plug, new gas, check spark, clean filter. IF none of that does the trick clean the carb out. You can get a look at the piston by taking the pipe off and looking in the exhaust port. These two strokes have reeds and they can go bad, the reed cage assembly comes off easily for inspection but you may need a new gasket (Good idea). I like 3bond 1211 to help seal gaskets, just don't use RTV sealant. If you have a compresion gauge, see what PSI your getting out of the top end. Blown crank seals will cause you problems as well,pop the flywheel cover,,,, if you have an oil bath in there you have a blown crank seal.

Joe..........