Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse E-Axle..........Anyone try it yet?

Rekluse Motor Sports, the same folks that make the Z-Start auto clutch has just come out with an inovative product: the e-axle

That's short for eccentric axle. It allows anyone to adjust the trail of their motorcycle in about a minute. This achieves the same thing as changing to a set of tripleclamps with a different offset, yet way way easier and faster. You can move your front wheel up to 2mm forward or 2mm rearward or anywhere in between. All that is required is losening the front axle clamp bolts, losening the end bolt, and rotating the axle. It has eccentrically machined bushings that rotate within your front fork clamps. How is this possible? The e-axle is a 13mm Solid Stainless Steel axle taking the place of the stock 20mm axle. The eccentrically machined bushings mount in the fork clamps just like stock. I'm looking forward to riding with it and experimenting with differnt settings tomorrow on my '05. :thumbsup:

Great product description...sounds just like a commercial. You wouldn't happen to work for (or own) Rekluse, would you? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great product description...sounds just like a commercial. You wouldn't happen to work for (or own) Rekluse, would you? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No, he doesn't.

Didn't realize they made one for the CRF's.

Wasn't able to practice MX so just trail rode. Didn't get to adjust it and feel the difference. Next ride then...................... :thumbsup:

I also am keeping an eye out for first hand experiences, would love to try one as it beats buying offset clamps

Got several track days on the new E-Axle. It's cool. You can definately feel the difference, especially when you get all warmed up and used to the track then go to the truck, pull out a 10mm wrench, loosen, adjust, tighten, get a drink, go back to the track. Flat, dryslick corners are almost a pleasure when the trail is dialed back even just one milimeter! And down the back 5th gear straight when you hit the choppy stuff = no headshake very cool. I have one problem though but it's because I have the EBC oversized disc brake in front. It will only allow 1 mm of rearward adjustment. I'll have to study whether I can modify the caliper mount, caliper, or disc itself to alleviate this problem. Stock brake allows it to move rearward 2mm. Does anyone know what stock '05 Tripleclamp offset is? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got several track days on the new E-Axle. It's cool. You can definately feel the difference, especially when you get all warmed up and used to the track then go to the truck, pull out a 10mm wrench, loosen, adjust, tighten, get a drink, go back to the track. Flat, dryslick corners are almost a pleasure when the trail is dialed back even just one milimeter! And down the back 5th gear straight when you hit the choppy stuff = no headshake very cool. I have one problem though but it's because I have the EBC oversized disc brake in front. It will only allow 1 mm of rearward adjustment. I'll have to study whether I can modify the caliper mount, caliper, or disc itself to alleviate this problem. Stock brake allows it to move rearward 2mm. Does anyone know what stock '05 Tripleclamp offset is? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stock clamp offset is still 24mm. On the 05-06 bikes they moved the axle back 2mm in the fork bosses compared to the earlier bikes.