Chinese DRZ-400 clone..

When I was a kid we were all worried about the Japanese junk flooding our country....Now it's the Chinese junk and I really despise this crap...not so much that it's Chinese but what our politicians are allowing them to flood into this country.....Oh yeah....DRZ's rock ?

International trade and copyright laws do not apply to China. ?

The DR-Z400 engine is also found in Kawasaki and Arctic Cats so maybe Hyosung paid for the rights to manufacture the engine but the bike probably started out as a DR-Z knockoff sold next to the Nike knockoff shop next to the Apple iPod knockoff shop next to the New Harley-Davidson Dealership that just opened. I can’t wait to see the Hyosung Sportster roll off the assembly line this fall.

Not sure about the XRX but Hyosung make a number of different models and from all reports they're not so bad. They make a 650 v-twin very much like the SV which apparently is quite good, bar fairly ordinary suspenders. And they're not chineese, they're korean, as mentioned above. You'll probably find this thing is more aimed as a farm bike than a blood thirsty enduro weapon ?

Hyundai was abysmal crap when it first came out. Remember the Excel? ?

Now Hyundai puts out a decent car. Hyosung looks like they are off to a better start than Hyundai. Perhaps in a few years they will be a viable choice with a wide range of models and dealer support. Competition is good.

Pity it can't happen with a US made bike though. The way things are going, it seems our economy is going to be mostly based on intellectual/service and burger flipping. ?

That new GT250R looks sweet...I've been planning on buying a Ninja 250 for a work commute bike when I come back to the U.S. but I'll have to keep up on these Hyosungs...If that GT250R has a nice price I might just get one next year...

The U.S. market is almost entirely devoid of small displacement streetbikes...I don't need a hulking monster to go to work...Just what the Japanese need...A little competition to start making them offer something other than 1000+ cc machines...