Sign in to follow this  

Honda 2-strokes huh?

Hello all:

Well I'm going to buy a 1974 Elsinore MT250 for a $100. It's actually in pretty good shape (at least a $100 worth.) I guess that means I get to visit here once in a while doesn't it? I'm really looking forward to getting this thing fixed up and running. I'll have to search and see who else here gets the vintage bike bug. Anybody with one or who has any spare parts-PM me.

Right now I'm looking for a kick lever.

This is going to be fun.

Ebay, you'll be able to find a good amount of parts for the bike on ebay.

Yeah, got a Honda of that similar vintage:

PC170873.jpg

Honda shop may have the ability to get some of the parts, but many are NLA. Ebay is about your best bet. Good luck on the kickstarter, they're getting harder to find.

PC170873.jpg

Honda shop may have the ability to get some of the parts, but many are NLA. Ebay is about your best bet. Good luck on the kickstarter, they're getting harder to find.

WOW Sweet bike!!! :thumbsup: .

I think I'm seriously considering buying a 72 Honda SL350. My dad had one when I was 5 years old. Great memories. Mostly of him yelling at me to get off his bike, but none-the-less, great memories!

PC170873.jpg

That is a sweet bike. After I decided to buy it, me and the wife were going in a restaurant and someome had a Elsinore CR250 on a hitch carrier. It was about a 74 - 76 and it was nice. Concerning the kickstarter, I'll have to check and see if other Hondas around the same year will fit.

Sweet bike Charlie T. She looks like a garage queen and that's exactly what it would be if she were mine! Shows and meet only, no race action. :thumbsup:

I own a 1974 Honda MT250 and I bought the bike for 25 bucks but with no motor and Iwent on ebay and I found a 1975 MT250 engine for 400 bucks all together(including shipping) and when I picked it up at my post office I brought it home, put it in the bike, did some carb adjustments and on the 3rd kick she fired up so its needless to say old vintage bikes still run and more should be restored. And it starts first kick everytime when I want to ride it. But yeah you should try ebay there slots of good prices original parts on there for sale.

im thinkin about pickin up a 74 elsinore cr250 for $450. it looks to be in a nice condition. anybody else have one? ive always wanted a vintage bike there pretty cool. i also want to try ice racing or some flat track with it i figured it be a good bike because of the twin rear shocks.anybody have tips on how to "powerslide" the turns like the pros do b/c ive never been any good at flat turns n a bike.

Super Sweet Ride!

Did you coat that thing with Vasoline before taking that photo?! :thumbsup:

But as far as the "GarageQueen" comment...HELL NO! Find and buy another gas tank and race that MoFo!!!!! (putting the least of the two tanks on for racing, of course)

I have a buddy in Charlotte,NC who found one of these and restored it in about three months...made about $1500 on it, but now still kicks himself for letting it go..........me ole' buddy Dirty...........he could live to be 100 and still never learn! :ride:

shafe