Sign in to follow this  

Big Front End Push

just got done putting a good beating on the bike today and noticed she pushes badly in the front end, washes way too easy, think it has to do with the tire, what is everyone running up front to fix this, also i raised the forks in the clamps 5mm

It could be the rebound dampening is too light. Play around a bit with it.

i got the same problem, its not the tire, raising the clamp help but the front still feel heavy, i ordered a set of applied tripleclamp and the drd loweringkit i hope it will work ,the applied guys said to my dealer that there clamp make the yzf 250 turn as much if not better than a crf,ive tried the crf 250 2006 and we have a long way to go, if i remember they said that the ofset is 27-28mm and they change the angle of the fork..

Didn't the green #7 SX rider have the same problem?

and they fitted the seat with a hump

to keep it's rider forward during the turns?

Did I hear that correctly during one of the races?

I agree seating position does have a lot to do with this; even with new tires and suspension adjusted correctly, I'll get the front end to push in some mud or whatever. When that happened yesterday, I noticed that I'm sitting far back on the seat because of the handlebar position.

I moved the bars forward a bit (I usually have mine a little further back) to get my butt up near the front of the bike more in corners, not sitting back like I was doing.

just got done putting a good beating on the bike today and noticed she pushes badly in the front end, washes way too easy, think it has to do with the tire, what is everyone running up front to fix this, also i raised the forks in the clamps 5mm

How much do you weight?

I have a 2006 YZ250F and experienced the same thing. The front end pushes really bad. I dumped the stock bars and picked up a taller bend Pro Taper bars (Reed bend) as well as Dr. D's lowering kit. I also adjusted the front compression clickers (14-out)....WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! :thumbsup:

Good Riding,

YZ250F06

Alright i weigh wrate around 170, and i was gonna pick up some reed bars, had them before, and the lowering kit, when you say the front compression clickers, do you mean the ones on the bottom or the top, don't know a lot about suspension

I was having a lot of trouble pushing my front end in sand, even with a Dunlop 773 on the front.

I figured out this week that I need to get on the throttle more in the turns. Once I got on the gas more, I think that helps the back end slide a little which compensates for the front slipping.

Also, I tend to sit back too much (as others said above), so if I get forward and get on the gas I turn MUCH better. Front end felt great after I figured that out.

Try more throttle, it seemed strange to me to give more gas in turns that had been causing me to fall but it really worked.

Alright i weigh wrate around 170, and i was gonna pick up some reed bars, had them before, and the lowering kit, when you say the front compression clickers, do you mean the ones on the bottom or the top, don't know a lot about suspension

170 is a good weight for these bikes. I weigh 210 and it pushed on me bad. I ended up putting in heavier springs and adjusting compression/rebound. Just with these adjustment, stock tire, my turns are extremely comfortable now no more excuses.

The compression is on the bottom. Turn it in a few to three and try it out.

Turn in the rebound a few also.

Try this before a tire because for me it was suspension not the tire :thumbsup:

I believe on the 06 YZFs, the compression clicker are on top (new forks) unlike other models which were on the bottom - check your manuals to be sure. I believe the 06 WRs compression clickers are still on the bottom...

I believe on the 06 YZFs, the compression clicker are on top (new forks) unlike other models which were on the bottom - check your manuals to be sure. I believe the 06 WRs compression clickers are still on the bottom...

Goodness, they change more than Microsoft :thumbsup:

It's just the 06 YZF's forks that's new, all other years, the comp clickers were on the bottom. Once these new forks go on the WRs, the WRs' comp clickers will also be on top. It's better IMO since you typically mess with the comp clickers more than the rebound.

It's just the 06 YZF's forks that's new, all other years, the comp clickers were on the bottom. Once these new forks go on the WRs, the WRs' comp clickers will also be on top. It's better IMO since you typically mess with the comp clickers more than the rebound.

True that. My friend has a Honda and he started messing with his comp on top and my old bikes the comp was on top and my fjr it is on top. It wasn't until later reading on here I discovered they were on the bottom. Makes a big difference when you adjust the correct thing :thumbsup:

Thanks av...

I adjusted the compression (top of the fork) 14 clicks out (stock should be 12). You'll see a major difference in how the front end reacts. Before I made those adjustments, my front end would push very hard in corners. I also set my sag to 97MM's.

After those changes, you'll see a major difference. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Riding,

YZ250F06

I adjusted the compression (top of the fork) 14 clicks out (stock should be 12). You'll see a major difference in how the front end reacts. Before I made those adjustments, my front end would push very hard in corners. I also set my sag to 97MM's.

After those changes, you'll see a major difference. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Riding,

YZ250F06

How much do you weigh compared to chewy?

What is the suspension for the 06 yzf setup for weight wise?

If you are lighter than chewy it would make sense that you go out but if he weighs more he may have to go in.

According to the manual, typically they list the stock setup as designed for a rider somewhere between 50-70kg (or 110-154 lbs). :thumbsup:

I had to resprung my 02 WR to match my weight, but so far, my 06 YZF has been OK in stock form. I have only ridden it once though (due to injury) and no jumps or major bumps were involved during that ride. I'm still not sure how it would handle my weight (178 lbs) in bumpy (whoops, braking/acceleration bumps) or jumping conditions.