My kid at PC today

Nice, I wish the Old-Man still had that in him. Last time I did something like that I was a lot younger. How old is your son?

He is 13, I would say he has caught on quickly since he only started riding in December.

Might be time to upgrade to a 85/125..

Yes he needs a bigger bike, right now I am just upgrading the suspension a lil bit.

Whoa Nice pic. He's ready for a new machine. That kid needs a CRF250. Come on Dad.

If the suspension is stock which im guessing it is, then it's nearly gone from doing that all day. Nice shot though :thumbsup:

Good form. It seems like a lot of fun for a 13 year old.

Small jumps at PC today, 90 foot triples at the track tomorrow. He is on his way!

Dont wast the money,get the better bike with better suspention before the biffer.If the boy takes the biffer its a set back.Only the best for the one's you love.I would never put my son on a bike that didnt have good suspention and the power needed to ride at that level.

Nice pic though,I look foward to when we can get together and ride.Will have a ton o fun

Looks like a 125 is needed, how tall? maybe a 250 4 stroke if he is tall for his age. GOOD PHOTO :thumbsup:

Nice pic. I'm not gonna be like everyone else and tell you to get him a new bike. That's you decision. If he's having fun on the one he has right now, the why does it matter?

Looks like a 125 is needed, how tall? maybe a 250 4 stroke if he is tall for his age. GOOD PHOTO :thumbsup:

Ya a CRF250X is needed but just not in the cards right now. Need a car for the wife first.

Try yamaha. Way more reliable and used ones are way cheaper. My bro's bike is 5 years old and the ultimate torture test(he's broken the back fender at least 8 times)and still runs great. He rides twice a week and beats the living crap outta it. Hits the rev limiter at least 30 times a ride. Clutch is slipped and gears are slammed hundreds of times. We checked the valves a few months ago and they were PERFECT. That bike is a motocross workhorse. Never had one problem. All we do for maintennence is change the oil every 3-4 rides and change the air filter about every 5 rides and winter and 2 rides in summer. Also clean the oil filter every other oil change and there never is any shavings. My dad and I also have the same basic engine as his and none of our bikes have had any problems what so ever. But if you got the money maybe wait for the 07 wr450 when they do the aluminum frame and new engine. But in my opinion a 2002 yz250f is probably the perfect bike for him.

He'll be fine on that bike for a while trust me I just traded mine to my dad two months ago. I had jumped 70' on my old crf150 and landed so hard I bounced and got speed wobbles. I also pounded through miles of whoops on it. Its a good reliable bike that he has right now but I enjoy riding WAY more on my new bike. Instead of me working the bike and trying to squeeze all the power I could outta it I am hanging on for dear life(which is TONS of fun). All I think about now is riding during school especially during SAT week.

Marshall

i dont remember this area at PC where abouts is it?

He'll be fine on that bike for a while trust me I just traded mine to my dad two months ago. I had jumped 70' on my old crf150 and landed so hard I bounced and got speed wobbles. I also pounded through miles of whoops on it. Its a good reliable bike that he has right now but I enjoy riding WAY more on my new bike. Instead of me working the bike and trying to squeeze all the power I could outta it I am hanging on for dear life(which is TONS of fun). All I think about now is riding during school especially during SAT week.

Marshall

His new springs will be in this week, mine too

i dont remember this area at PC where abouts is it?

If you left out the back gate of the kids track and went all the way over to the fence it is right there. Maybe almost straight across from that gate, way over by the fence you see in the background.