Moving to Denver

I am moving to CO from MI and am looking for riders to ride with... Nov 1....

In addition, what seems to be the best set-up for High ALT riding. From what I see Dougie and James Dean seem to have it dialed in.. Looking for suggestions....

Current Mods:

Yz Throttle stop

Gray Wire

Removed Air Box Cover

BK MOD

Later.

Hold on there InSpace. I wouldn't call my bike dialed in yet. I still have to try JD's suggestions. Currently, I'm probably too rich but it is running.

Welcome to CO. You are going to love the riding here. There will be plenty to hook up with.

What part of CO are you moving too?

Thanks for the information. I too will have to try JD's suggestions.

I am moving to the west side of Denver, near I-70 and am really looking to ride.. I lived in Salida for 2 years and am looking to ride over there.. I did a ton of mtn biking in Salida and there are some kickass trails... for atleast mtn biking... lot of fourteener's over there...

Let me know how it works outs... I am not going to do anything until I get out there..

Isn't Parker near 470 and the Tech center...

Hope you feeling well and are heeling quickly from your accident.... Took a bad one myself a little less than a month ago and really hurt the shoulder... went over the handle bars WOF in 3rd...

Patrick

01' WR426

Currently running uncorked with stock jetting and the air box cover removed.

Last weekend I did the BK Mod, (Up till the wee hours), put in the YZ Throttle Stop and grounded the gray wire after disconnecting it.

I noticed that since the above modifications and after riding hard it seemed to bog down, hesitate, or stall when hammering it from a stand still. Also, I fouled a plug at the end of the day.

I am sure that after doing those mods I have to change the jetting and I want to chang the timing to YZ specs as well. But, I figure that my best bet would be to work on the bike once I get it to the alt that I will be riding at as it probably will be futile to do it now since I am moving to CO the week of the 26th.

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! I can't wait to ride...

Patrick

Originally posted by Hick:

400 or 426??

What kind of exhaust (uncorked, aftermarket etc.)?

Do you have stock jetting now?

Hick:

Thanks for your post Sept 9...

I will set-up my bike with what you ran while in CO and let you know how it goes..

EKQ # 3 (this is the stock ’00 YZ needle, PN: 5JG-14916-ER)

# 38

Here is what I run at 4k feet:

EJP #3

with the 1.5 PS turn..

Thanks..

Stefe9999 and Dougie:

I free the first two weekends in November. My bike will probably adjust quicker to the altitude than I will.

Are these the right directions?

Take 1-25 to exit 250 (Berthoud Exit). Go South on the service road (that’s just east of 1-25) for 1 mile. Go west under the 1-25 bridge to track.

Let me know if these dates work or what other dates work.

e-mai pgeorge8888@yahoo.com

In Space,

You have the locale right. Those weekends are good for me. You want to get there about 1pm or so because that is when they disk and water the track. I'll email you as the time gets nearer, but I'm leaning towards the first weekend of Nov.

-Stef

I'm actually going to race the Hare Scramble up there Oct 28th so I hope to get up there a weekend before that, possibly next Sunday.

The first weekend of Nov is out for me. I am baby sitting as my wife will be in California for the CART race. Possibly the weekend after that would work. Do you both have 426s? I have a 99 YZ timed 400.

Originally posted by InSpace:

Hick:

Thanks for your post Sept 9...

I will set-up my bike with what you ran while in CO and let you know how it goes..

You are very welcome, I hope that works okay, or at least is a good starting point. Don’t forget I only rode up at Rampart, which is significantly higher than Denver proper (not sure where exactly Berthoud is though).

Let us know what ends up working the best for you guys on the track.

Originally posted by Scott in KC:

Inspace,

Just something I noticed in one of your first posts...I don't think you should have "grounded" that gray wire. Simply disconnect/cut it and tape it or silicone it off.

Thanks..I check the gray wire and I did cut it put Silicone on it and then taped it.. I was wrong when I said that I grounded it..