New to 4 strokes...

Hey guys im new to 4 stroke I have bin riding 2 strokes for the 4 years I have bin riding and today, When I went to look at the 2006 KXF250 and all the other 4's theres a little lever above the clutch what is that?I have seen them before but I dont know what it is thanks.

Isnt it a hot start thing?

I believe your talking about either a hot start lever - It acts the opposite of a choke. Whe teh bike is cold you need to be richer to start. When hot, you need to be a little more lean than optimum jet settings to start easy.

Some fours have a compression release too.

Yeah some of the older four strokes have a compression release. The compression release is a little black lever on its own perch.

Yeah it's a hot start they stopped using decompression levers in 2002

I know what a hot start does, i was just wondering if that lever was a hot start.

So its like the choke in the engine area that you pull out and in?But its just on the handle bars?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now