found a pilot jet for the ttr 230

well, just picked up the gytr exhaust for the ttr 230, sounds pretty throaty. anyways, along with a new exhaust gasket, it included a 38 pilot jet. as i know many of you are looking for it, heres the part number, 43f -14342 -19

take it easy!

Nice. I'm going to order one this week. I have already replaced the main so the pilot is next in line :thumbsup:

for sure, for me the pilot made a huge differnce, i put the fuel screw out about 2 turns, and its warm in a few minutes.

search sudco for jets

well, just picked up the gytr exhaust for the ttr 230, sounds pretty throaty. anyways, along with a new exhaust gasket, it included a 38 pilot jet. as i know many of you are looking for it, heres the part number, 43f -14342 -19

take it easy!

Thanks, dude! My Yami dealer hooked me up with a main OK (130) but couldn't find this pilot for me, all he could get was a 40 pilot jet. I'm guessing a 40's a little big. How would you rate the gtyr before and after? Did you already do some "uncorking" or were you totally stock?

Again, thanks!

Thanks, dude! My Yami dealer hooked me up with a main OK (130) but couldn't find this pilot for me, all he could get was a 40 pilot jet. I'm guessing a 40's a little big. How would you rate the gtyr before and after? Did you already do some "uncorking" or were you totally stock?

Again, thanks!

hye man, i had already done some re-corking to the bike like the airbox mod, fuel screw adjustment/removal of brass cap and a 128 main, i have yet to try the exhaust as i havent got a break to go roding, its either raining, or im too busy! i see that a lot of people have found a 130 main for the bike, what do you think of that, did it make that much more umph?

I have the yamaha exhaust. It sounds good but a little loud. Mine is dual sported so i am going to take it out monday and see how it goes. My friend has a 230 f and were pretty close. We will see what happens. Seat of the pants, so far, it feels the sam

e as stock. Top speed 66 with GPS...stock. will report with mods..At least I saved a couple of pounds over the stock exhaust.

hye man, i had already done some re-corking to the bike like the airbox mod, fuel screw adjustment/removal of brass cap and a 128 main, i have yet to try the exhaust as i havent got a break to go roding, its either raining, or im too busy! i see that a lot of people have found a 130 main for the bike, what do you think of that, did it make that much more umph?

Dude, I was just looking around for your pilot jet part number again (the dealer claims the number is not in the system - I think I'm going to work with another dealer) and I noticed you had asked about the 130 main (and I didn't know it).

I installed the 130 when I removed the baffle and pulled the snorkel out of the airbox so I can't say how much umph it added. I can say that 1/2 to WOT it delivers enough gas so that there is NO hesitation. So, yeah, I'd call it a win - great throttle response.

I have a #40 pilot jet in now. I've looked for a #38 and tried your number (I'll keep trying, I'm sure your number is good and I'll make a hit sooner or later). The #40 works everywhere except idle - if I adjust to a normal idle speed it will eventually die so idle is a bit fast RPM. Just off idle and above - I'm crankin! I cut more out of the top of my airbox and the situation improved some. Right now I'm only 1/2 turn out on the fuel screw and idle would be better if I closed it all the way (and then some) so I really need the #38.

good to hear that we are all finding some parts for the 230 now. hopefully youll find the 38 , and good luck in the search. if worse comes to worse, ill pick one up for you, and mail it to you.

good to hear that we are all finding some parts for the 230 now. hopefully youll find the 38 , and good luck in the search. if worse comes to worse, ill pick one up for you, and mail it to you.

Thanks - very cool thing to offer to help!! I'll give another shop a shout tomorrow and see if they can help before I burden you with that. While I'm at it I'll find the part number for the #130 main and holler back in case your interested.

Ordered the #38 pilot jet today, should be in Friday. $19!! Most jets I've encountered are $3-$5, so Teikei must have an intimate understanding of the supply-demand concept. No sweat, it'll be worth it to have the jetting finally right.

I'll get the part number for the #130 main jet when i pick the pilot jet up (I never did record it when I purchased it earlier this year).

Thanks again!!

good to hear that you found one too. thats a little steep for the though, but like you said, what can yuo do. i appreciate you providing me with the number for the 130 main. thanks!

good to hear that you found one too. thats a little steep for the though, but like you said, what can yuo do. i appreciate you providing me with the number for the 130 main. thanks!

#38 pilot jet came into today, can't wait to get it in a give it a shot.

For the #130 main:

Yamaha part no 288143436500

Mikuni part no KN102221130

Yeah, made for a Mikuni. If and when you change to this 130, the little white plastic baffle/shroud that the #125 main held in place won't work anymore. I haven't had any problems without the baffle.

Hope this helps. May not make a difference if you already have the #128 but maybe worth a shot if you've got $4 and some time to test.

much appreciated, thanks again!

Installed the #38 and it does the trick, I'm at just about 1&1/2 turns out. The #36 was too lean (had it at 3 turns and still a little lean), the #40 too rich (had it at less than 1/2 turn and still a little rich).

I've been in this carb enough times to change a jet pretty quickly (15 minutes). With seat and gas tank off I drain the bowl, loosen/detach the throttle cables, loosen the clamps on carb inlet/outlet, and rotate the carb (bowl towards left side of bike) as far as it will go (the throttle linkage assy rests against the clutch cable) for access to the bowl.

Great INFO, just picked up an 06 230 and considering those mods ,so thanx for the info.

i am glad to hear that a few parts are coming out for the 230, they are indeed scarce, but can be found. any input on if any more aftermarket is going to come out? (skid plates, etc.)

Happy Riding!