02 CRF450......good year??

i am looking at an o2 crf450 for 3000.. it is stock. is there any problems with this year of bikes. also would the valves need replaced soon??

I got a brand new 04 450R for that price from my local dealer. It jst sat in the storage thing for awhile.

I have a 02 and it is plated. I love it.

3k a bit steep for a 02 eh?

not really when u consider a good condition 89 yz490 goes for 1500 :thumbsup: ----if it is a very nice 02----it is a steal :thumbsup:

not really when u consider a good condition 89 yz490 goes for 1500 :thumbsup: ----if it is a very nice 02----it is a steal :thumbsup:

Who the hell would want an 89' yz 490?

for $3k it should be in excellent/perfect condition with very low hours.

I would think anywhere from $2500 to $2800 would be a good price for an average 02 anywhere in the states... Less for a clapped out one.

My 02 is still running strong with only minor up keep expenses since I've owned her.. I have noticed my carb is beginning to give me trouble when I haven't ridden or started here after a few days. I believe it's time for a complete rebuild to replace the worn out parts in the carb.

i am looking at an o2 crf450 for 3000.. it is stock. is there any problems with this year of bikes. also would the valves need replaced soon??

If i remember right, the mags complained that the bike liked too push in turns.. I never did ride one though.. As for the valves, only way too tell is to get in there and check them..

Rick

You should be able to get an 04 for 3500 in your neck of the woods. I'd go that route.

the only bike around here for around 3000 are 02 and 03.. the 04 are going for 4200. but i got the guy down to 2800. has anyone had any trouble with an 02 crf450

I got a brand new 04 450R for that price from my local dealer. It jst sat in the storage thing for awhile.

That's a very rare find! I bet that there is not another "brand new 04" in this country for that price. 02's are going anywhere from $2,500 to $3,000 "normally". I have an 02' and love it. Granted I had a 97' CR125 and 99' Kawasaki KX250 before, but this bike rocks. Just keep up on the normal maintanence and you will be fine. I don't race...just joy ride on the trails. Try and work him down on the price and you will be a happy rider. The key is just enjoy what your riding and get out there and do it. Good luck!!

That's a very rare find! I bet that there is not another "brand new 04" in this country for that price. 02's are going anywhere from $2,500 to $3,000 "normally". I have an 02' and love it. Granted I had a 97' CR125 and 99' Kawasaki KX250 before, but this bike rocks. Just keep up on the normal maintanence and you will be fine. I don't race...just joy ride on the trails. Try and work him down on the price and you will be a happy rider. The key is just enjoy what your riding and get out there and do it. Good luck!!

"the only bike around here for around 3000 are 02 and 03"

My suggestion is to find you an '03 then. The airbox on the '02 is flawed, the front-end does push/wash, the shifter is 10mm shorter (easy fix though) and the cam chain tensioner is prone to failure. Actually, the '03's CCT should be replaced too with either an '04 unit or a manual one. $50 fix either way.

I've owned both and, trust me, you'll be much happier with an '03 or newer CRF450. :thumbsup:

I would say that is a little steep for an '02 also. I picked up a '02 for $2800, but it was loaded.

FMF Ti 4 pipe with power bomb header

Applied Triple Clamps

IMS Pegs

Renthal Fat Bars

Excel Black Rims

Bull Dog Spokes

Kibble White Valve Train already installed

Works Connection Case Guard

Works Connection Rad Guards

Suspension Revalve

Oversized front rotor

Stainless steel rear brake line

I would be going more for about $2500 for that bike.

patience, i'm betting you can find a better deal. i've got an 04, don't plan on selling but would take $3400. has had suspension work done, and new intake valves. runs strong, kept inside garage. i live in bristol tn. i'm sure you could find something like that around there. i'd throw in a set of gear with that. good luck

If the bike is clean the 02 is a very reliable bike. Go with yor instinct.

Waderr

If you could find an 04 for 3000, it would be hot. I have an 02 that I bought about a year ago and I paid 3600 which was the going rate at the time. I would say that 3k is about right now. You may be able to talk him down once you get there.

By the way, I love the bike and have had no problems at all...knock on wood.

Just some additional info. I bought my 02' last year for $3,000. I thought that was a good deal than. I am willing to bet that you can get it for $2,700. Offer it....you can always walk away.