Jet kit apples to oranges?

Well, I finally got the nerve to do the jet kit thing. I got the Moose/Dynojet kit and it came with several main jets, and recommended a 130. I did the 3x3 airbox mod, but have the stock pipe at the moment. I ride at SL up to about 1500'. Is the 130 good, or do I need the 150? I haven't changed the pilot jet either. Do I really need that 25 pilot jet too? Seems like such a shame that I've got all these useless jets that came in the kit if so. I kinda recall a thread discussing Dynojet and Mikuni jets having different numbering conventions but can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance for the help. I can't wait to ride with the snow melting....

There isn't any different numbering between the two kits.

Like Easy said leave a message on the Jetting forum, make sure you give all your info like model, year , optional equipment and elavation etc.

Ron W.

Well, I finally got the nerve to do the jet kit thing. I got the Moose/Dynojet kit and it came with several main jets, and recommended a 130. I did the 3x3 airbox mod, but have the stock pipe at the moment. I ride at SL up to about 1500'. Is the 130 good, or do I need the 150? I haven't changed the pilot jet either. Do I really need that 25 pilot jet too? Seems like such a shame that I've got all these useless jets that came in the kit if so. I kinda recall a thread discussing Dynojet and Mikuni jets having different numbering conventions but can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance for the help. I can't wait to ride with the snow melting....

Welcome to TT.

First you do not say if this is for an "S" or "SM" ??

The D/J or FMF/Moose kit is the same, but there are different kits for S or SM

If you have done the 3x3 you will need a bigger main jet than a 130.

As you have a kit with a 130 in it, I will assume it is the S kit.

With the stock exhaust you will need a 140 m/j (142.5 is standard) if you have a full system you need the 142.5 m/j.

You will need the 25 pilot jet.

The bigger main jets 150 or 155 are for the SM, which has a different D/J needle, but I think you still need the 25 pilot jet.

DynoJet claim that their jets although having the same number and size/system as the stock one's flow more fuel because of the way they are drilled, not noticed a difference myself :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

If you need anymore detail try the jetting forum, it's what it's for.

Neil. :thumbsup::confused::bonk: