Is there a doctor in the house? Davbrucas?

Got my results of my MRI a little early today through some connections (wife's an RN). The radiologist MD's diagnosis was a supraspinatus full thickness tear? So what does this mean? It seems ominous and I'm pretty much prepared for the worse. Guess I'll just get all the riding in while I can! ?

Got my results of my MRI a little early today through some connections (wife's an RN). The radiologist MD's diagnosis was a supraspinatus full thickness tear? So what does this mean? It seems ominous and I'm pretty much prepared for the worse. Guess I'll just get all the riding in while I can! ?

Ive had one of those...but it was only a 25% tear. I went thru some PT and in a year it healed. A full thickness tear may need to be surgically repaired. Id find the best Ortho guy you can and show him your MRI. Good luck and whatever you do, FOLLOW the PT's plan and dont do ANYTHING to aggravate it.

?

Get it scoped ?

Arthroscopic repair of an isolated supraspinatus detachment commonly leads to complete tendon healing.

I was in rehab with a guy who just did the same thing and 3-4 months later he was bench pressing free weights.

Hope this helps a little.

Get it scoped ?

Arthroscopic repair of an isolated supraspinatus detachment commonly leads to complete tendon healing.

I was in rehab with a guy who just did the same thing and 3-4 months later he was bench pressing free weights.

Hope this helps a little.

thats good news , get well soon TFB ?

On another note, finally got to ride a real track (or at least part of a real, rutted, overgrown, partially flooded track). My MRD pipe on the KTM rocks. Had to spend some time dialing in the WP stuff. I think the shock's way more finicky than my Showa stuff. Oh yeah, my sole ripped off my shoe, and clicked my bike into neutral on a small rythm section! I almost bit it, saved it, but had to pull off for about five minutes with tears in my eyes from my damn shoulder pain! Gotta love it!

Got the "official" MRI results yesterday. Shoulder Bursa is trashed, leaking and collapsed. That needs to be surgically tightened up so my shoulder doesn't pop out again. Rotator cuff is completely torn, needs to be reattached to the bone. AC joint is arthritic due to my old 3rd degree separation and high level of activity. In a nutshell, I'm going off island to see the state's best shoulder guy on the 24th, and will get a surgery date after that. 6 weeks for the tendon to reattach to the bone after surgery, rehab 6 weeks after that, 3-6 months before I'm moving along, 1 year til I'm perfect. . . Oh yeah, btw, the track was good today, and my arm survived again. . .

TFB- Are you telling me that you are still riding with your shoulder all jacked up like that? Your are one tough SOB!! ?

When I tore my rotator cuff I didn't ride for months and could barely pick up my arm.

Yes, I can barely lift arm, at least with anything in it, that is. Lifting something in an out-reached arm position, i.e. even a pillow, gives me excruciating pain. BUT, it doesn't hurt too bad while riding, that is until you accidently hit neutral and your bike dives on you or something like that! Chad Reed ain't got nothing on me, baby. Ps, take a look at my "new ride" in my garage. . . . sweet. Don't worry I'll never let go of my CRF!

Yes, I can barely lift arm, at least with anything in it, that is. Lifting something in an out-reached arm position, i.e. even a pillow, gives me excruciating pain. BUT, it doesn't hurt too bad while riding, that is until you accidently hit neutral and your bike dives on you or something like that! Chad Reed ain't got nothing on me, baby. Ps, take a look at my "new ride" in my garage. . . . sweet. Don't worry I'll never let go of my CRF!

Nice ride Tim....very sweet.

How does it compare to your CRF? Power? Handling?