06 TE/SM610 alternative jetting

:bonk: I realise there's been heaps posted on this subject. However, my bike runs best (admittedly subjectively) with quite different jetting from the tacitly agreed standard on this forum.

Using a Barrett straight through muffler (quieter thean stock - how come?) and standard headers, airbox opened up with 5 x 32mm holes and stock plug (I have used the iridium plugs and reckon they are a waste of money - IMO), I run a 175 main, stock needle on #3 groove, and a 42 pilot approx 2 turns out on the screw. Everything else is stock. The bike goes better than ever. I have tried a 45 pilot, JD red and blue needles from an 05 510 as recommended on this forum, and mains up to 185. My Husky runs sweet, fast and smooth even on long downhill over-runs on the hard-top with no lurching, bogging or any other problems I can detect. It pulls noticeably better on my uphill test road with the above settings (The Mt Barker Road for those who know it). ??:confused:

TE6

In my SM610 with a Barret, I'm running pretty much the same

42 pilot,

needle in 4th clip position (I might try lowering it to the 3rd)

175 main jet.

Aussie fuel must be slightly better than OS.

TE6

In my SM610 with a Barret, I'm running pretty much the same

42 pilot,

needle in 4th clip position (I might try lowering it to the 3rd)

175 main jet.

Aussie fuel must be slightly better than OS.

I'm only using normal 91RON unleaded, because I don't think my bike goes any better on either 95 or 98, but yes from what I've read the US ULP might be a bit lower than ours. I'd be interested to hear what you think of running the needle at #3. Paull Evans (Husky dealer in Kalgoorlie) is still running his TE main at 172, needle #3 and std pilot, but IMO the #50 pilot is way rich. He was the man who put me onto the necessity of the Barrett to get my TE running properly. I think his airbox is std too.