Sign in to follow this  

controlling the bike in air

ok heres the thing... i love riding fast but only if its flat ground. when i'm in the air i have no sense of how far i'm leaning front to back and i'm not sure if i need to hit the gas, get on the brakes, or if i'm going to land perfect. i've only ridden a track 4 times and have jumped quite a few dunes so i am fairly new at this.

is there anything that i can do to know the limits of how far i can lean or is it just that practice makes perfect?

ps.i can't do wheeles either :thumbsup:

Next time you go to the track get a buddy to take a cam and get some footage of you jumping some tables, step ups, doubles etc. And from there you will be able to see what needs improving.

I usually have problems if I land a little sideways. What I don't get is when people come down from a whip and land sideways they ride off like they landed straight. Are you supposed to land wit the gas on?

Every time you get sideways in the air hit the gas hard in the air and keep holding it when you hit the ground.If you do this it will straighten you out when you land.

Every time you get sideways in the air hit the gas hard in the air and keep holding it when you hit the ground.If you do this it will straighten you out when you land.

This does work but its more effective if you can rip the backend back in with your knees.

i don't really have a problem side to side but just front to back. taking a camera is a good idea that i was thinking about doing because i got some videos of me racing street stocks and realized that i could of got around a few people.

thanks for the tips,