Removed front wheel, no front brake

i recently removed the front wheel and suspension on my 01 WR and while it was apart someone, i stupidly pulled in the brake lever. Anyway after i got the pads back apart again, i put the wheel and suspension back on and the bike is now back together with one unpleasant outcome, i now have a mushy front brake, an unwelcome attribute i can assure you! i bled the brakes today and changed the fluid with no change, i can only surmise that i somehow let some air into the line when i was rooting around with the brake pads. anyone have any ideas as to the source of my problem. Thanks Go the Cowboys :thumbsup:

The only thing I can think of is to take the caliper off and check to make sure there is not problems with the piston or other internal parts.

Did you install your pads correctly?

You you squeezed the brake with the front wheel off, It closed the pads. You you pushed them back out, it can't push fluid up the line with the air pocket in the top. You should of taken the cap off the brake, then pushed them out.

My thoery anyway.. :thumbsup:

so what do i do to solve the problem, take the cap off the resovoir and then push out the caliper or what?

You you squeezed the brake with the front wheel off, It closed the pads. You you pushed them back out, it can't push fluid up the line with the air pocket in the top. You should of taken the cap off the brake, then pushed them out.

My thoery anyway.. :thumbsup:

He said he pulled the lever after the pads were off, so I would push the piston inward into whatever is on the other side depending on how much he pulled on the lever...

Did you put new pads on or are they the same ones?

no they are the same ones, but i am changing them soon

If you pushed the piston in- in theory you should not have any problems. Since your lever is mushy, you got air in your line. You need to bleed from the bottom up. Get a syringe and push fluid from the bleed screw towards the lever. Make sure the cover is off from the reservoir.

Tap on the lever assembly and on the hose to move the air bubbles up.

I have found this to be the easiest way :thumbsup:

Remember when there is air in liquid is easier to push it up instead of down. :thumbsup:

ok thanks rick, i will try that. i just did it the old-fashioned way with a mate. didnt field many results any fortunately. how many squirts of the syringe will i need roughly? or doesnt it depend on how much air is in there thanks again