Jumper Cables

1. If the battery dies and the key wasn't left on or in park light position..either the battery is toast or charging system is messed up.. jump starting this little battery can mess up the regulator and or the rectifier.

2. If it has some charge to it you can always "bump" start it. But jumper cables for an enduro is ridiculous..Good luck.

1. If the battery dies and the key wasn't left on or in park light position..either the battery is toast or charging system is messed up.. jump starting this little battery can mess up the regulator and or the rectifier.

2. If it has some charge to it you can always "bump" start it. But jumper cables for an enduro is ridiculous..Good luck.

Thanks, I'll let him know. Not an issue for me, I've got a kicker.

Keep in mind what you will be using to jump start the bike with. If it's another bike you can use smaller diameter wire like 10g. If it's being jumped from a larger system like a car or truck you should use the same size or larger wire like 8g or 6g. If you look in any auto supply store you can find motorcycle jumper cables. Almost always they are smaller than regular vehicle jumper cables. I've had to jump start my 650 on a severely cold morning (15-20 degrees) when for some reason the cold sucked the life out of my battery and turned the oil into what seemed like honey. I used the motorcycle jumper cables and they worked just fine. You can always pull start it, but when your by yourself it's a bit difficult. Just my two cents.

my battery has been losing it's juice lately and jumping hasn't worked. i have to hold onto a car and go 20-30mph and bump it to life. sucks really that i can't jump or bump it by myself. guess i'm going battery shopping. i jumped from a bmw k1200lt but only had car cables and it did not work.

• 14 years later...

I believe a pair of alligator clips and some 16 gauge stranded wire would work. I once started my Ranger tuck with 22 gauge speaker wire and an 18 volt cordless tool battery. I thought it would have to charge for a while but it cranked over at full speed. The higher voltage apparently is what caused that. 

• Like 1

Ya I made these using the clamp end cable and ring end cable from an old battery charger.

Cut of the ring ends and put on clamps (cost like $2) and pretty sure it's 16 gauge (yes stranded) and IMO work perfectly find for a quick boost from a truck when I had to use them (once  cus I left the head light on when having beers at a buddies house ) ?

129631873_20180201_1553441.jpg.f019b4542380fb59b00cf819b1487fbe.jpg