DR650 eibach springs

Gidday anyone fitted these springs front and rear are they as good as they claim? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I did the Eibach thing about a year ago, and I'll say that I think they're the single most important mod you can do to the bike if you weigh over 120lbs. Easy to install, and they work great.

I'll second that :thumbsup:

Do you use it mainly of road?, ive supermotarded mine 17in, wide rims superstick radials 160 and 120, and have set up my suspension sags and i'm in the ball park i weigh 165lbs but i would imagine if i was to go offroad it would be way soft.

I'm trying to decide what springs to go with.I ride probably 90 percent on road

(mostly multi patched potholed chip and sealed country roads and gravel).

Whats everyone's opinion between the Eilbach springs and some progressive springs from Dual Star? :thumbsup:

I ride enough road that I set it up for the road. The offroad I do is still gravel and fire roads so it's still flat tracking and does not usually require the big suspension. So far I have only bought the eibach rear spring that Jesse suggested (7.2 maybe ?). With the whole bike lowered, the new rear spring and the front springs stiffened with a spacer the bike is much better on the road. Dive is WAY less so is the squat going into a corner. The bike also handles offroad better (all but that big hit where you still need the full 10"). My bike was also very soft stock. At 175# I sagged the back 4". At 3" it feels much better

Definately worth doing. Like night and day, transorms the DR into an off road bike. After riding on stock springs for a year I switched to Eibach rear and Race Tech front before a week of riding in Death Valley. Made a huge difference compared to stock.

Gidday anyone fitted these springs front and rear are they as good as they claim? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I went with a set from Jesse that was rated for 25 lbs heavier than me (I share the bike with my son who is 50lb more than me) and I was concerned that it would be rock hard. I was pleasently surprised with the results. Sitting on the bike still has a decent amount of front and rear sag and it feels much more planted on the highway. Off road it worked very well also. I would suggest that if you are going to upgrade the springs, get ones a little stiffer than you think you might need.

Front springs are way to soft so I got the RT springs front.

Rear: much more difficult: got an Eibach as well, BUT the real problem is the damper which is way too soft. Even with the Eibach spring = useless OR. Got an Oehlins shock = new bike!!!!

EXCKiller

I was wondering about these springs? Would they suffice for a big fella,315 lbs? Are there any big and tall riders using these, or should I be looking for something else. My riding mix is 50/50.

Jesse will get you whatever size spring you want. This should be OK for street riding. For off road the front fork damping can be stiffened with different or more oil. The rear shock is too weak for a large person doing serious off roading.

I am going to the stiffest springs I can find front and rear but am concerned about rebound dampening. Do you find they rebound too fast with the stiffer springs?

Just got a 2003 DR650 and I am assuming these shocks are not easily revalved.

Any advice is appreciated.

Front springs are way to soft so I got the RT springs front.

Rear: much more difficult: got an Eibach as well, BUT the real problem is the damper which is way too soft. Even with the Eibach spring = useless OR. Got an Oehlins shock = new bike!!!!

EXCKiller

I don't own a DR650 yet but am considering it if I can make it more off road worthy since I would be riding it on rugged desert roads and jeep trails which can be very challenging. I need the full suspension and it must resist bottoming. How much does the Oehilins shock cost? And does it bolt right up no problems? Would it make the bike closer to the XR650L offroad. So far the L has the clearance and off road potential but it is quite tall for me. And I really like the looks of the Suzuki.

Oh yeah, I weigh in at about 270+ with gear on.

How many of you have turned the bike into a desert weapon?