Good Going CA.

The Riverside County Board of supervisors voted 4-1 to adopt off road restrictions in unincorporated areas (any open land) such as only being able to ride from the hours of 12 noon to 5 pm, getting a conditional use permit to ride on your own property, and getting a notorized signatures from neighbors for permission to ride on your own property, much less, anywhere else!!!!. Does anyone know of an organization with the political or influential power to tie this cr#$&^&p up in court?

Thanks

Puckerbush :thumbsup:

Why do you lump all of Calif in with Riverside county? there are 57 other counties here without that law. one more reason (of many) not to live in riverside county.

This is not DRZ related and really needs to be discussed in the Calif. or land use forum

Why do you lump all of Calif in with Riverside county? there are 57 other counties here without that law. one more reason (of many) not to live in riverside county.

This is not DRZ related and really needs to be discussed in the Calif. or land use forum

Dunno about the forum. But I would think it would be bad for it to pass in ANY county in the state as other counties might follow suit. Just my 2cents.

riverside is just the first co. to pass this BS, mark my words. the hard part is over for the co. and the struggle just got alot harder for the residents who ride! it is a sad sad thing.

When your home is in Riverside Co., your job is in Riverside Co., your property is in Riverside Co., it just a little bit too easy to say go somewhere else. We just purchased property in an unicorporated area in order to ride somewhere close to home and now this. Just wait, your turn is comming!!!

I say its time for those who ride in Riverside co. to revolt, raise some petitions or whatever and fire the board of supervisors.....

If the entire state can band as one and recall the govenor why not Riverside co. to remove the board of supervisors?

I say its time for those who ride in Riverside co. to revolt, raise some petitions or whatever and fire the board of supervisors.....

If the entire state can band as one and recall the govenor why not Riverside co. to remove the board of supervisors?

Yes, maybe a class action suite-defining discrimination. Put up a stink about horses and livestock. Chickens ,goats they all fit the bill. Make the case that enviromentally, they have an impact on the community as well.

How about sound ordinances for chainsaws and lawnmowers/edgers? How bout screaming kid's? Where does it stop, and begin again sensibly.

Its a damn shame, just more of the kind of bullshit that folks have to tolerate in this state.

If there were no CC & R's when you bought your property, how can this happen?

It's as absurd as, if you drive a truck or SUV you can only park it in your garage-and only in the driveway at cetain hours of the day.

Man, this state sux more and more each day. :thumbsup:

If you are going to live in the Peoples Republic of California, you will be stuck with all the BS that goes with it... :thumbsup:

Does anyone know of an organization with the political or influential power to tie this cr#$&^&p up in court?

Thanks

Puckerbush :thumbsup:

I know that the AMA was actually was fighting this hard. The problem is that there are a lot of 2 strokes out there with open headers. :thumbsup: I know that where I ride in NJ is not exactly legal but many of the people just want the noise to be kept down. That is what the AMA is trying to work out with them. They have lawyers working the case, if you can I would support the AMA http://www.ama-cycle.org/

Not sure if it will help CA but hopefully it will stop the spread of this kind of legislation.

Dunno about the forum. But I would think it would be bad for it to pass in ANY county in the state as other counties might follow suit. Just my 2cents.

Yep, let the dominos fall. :thumbsup:

Yep, let the dominos fall. :thumbsup:

They talk about building a wall along the southern border....maybe we should just build one around CA!......Get out while you can!

The AMA and also the BRC. As in Blue Ribbon Coalition. Give them a try too. pdawg :thumbsup:

Sorry about your luck, but you can always move to a place that doesn't give a hoot when or where you ride. You can write to Arnold see if he has gotten his licence to ride yet.

Yeah the Riverside thing sucks, but there is still more legal riding here than in the place I came from two months ago (NY state). I'm not saying that this type of legislation shouldn't be fought (it should be, join the BRC), but this is in no way the end-all of riding in CA, not even close.

Any of you Cali. fellers think you've got it bad move back east for a few years (minimal tracks, no 180-mile loops, no "OHV" parks, fat ladies in stirrup pants, etc.). I'll gladly take "all the BS" that comes with living in Cali, because there are a lot of benefits that outweigh it.

Arnold was on a 3 wheeled motorcycle or bike with sidecar. His normal drivers license was perfectly valid at the time of the incident.

Arnold was on a 3 wheeled motorcycle or bike with sidecar. His normal drivers license was perfectly valid at the time of the incident.

Nope... the actually dubunked that original loophole.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/01/11/MNGV0GLJ2L1.DTL

Later, however, Los Angeles police Lt. Paul Vernon told the Associated Press that Schwarzenegger does not have the proper license to ride the motorcycle even with a sidecar. Vernon said police referred their findings to the Los Angeles city attorney's office, which will determine whether the governor should be cited for an infraction.

The problem is that there are a lot of 2 strokes out there with open headers.

Um. Don't you mean *4* strokes with open headers? I haven't seen a 2 stroke with an "open header" in a looong time.

Why do you lump all of Calif in with Riverside county?

Because crap like this usually starts out SOMWHERE in Kalifornica.

Nope... the actually dubunked that original loophole.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/01/11/MNGV0GLJ2L1.DTL

Later, however, Los Angeles police Lt. Paul Vernon told the Associated Press that Schwarzenegger does not have the proper license to ride the motorcycle even with a sidecar. Vernon said police referred their findings to the Los Angeles city attorney's office, which will determine whether the governor should be cited for an infraction.

"Schwarzenegger was tooling through Los Angeles' Brentwood neighborhood Sunday carrying his 12-year-old son, Patrick, in a sidecar when a motorist backed out of a driveway and a minor accident occurred."

Like I said when the accident occoured he was in a motorcycle with a sidecar..... Which only requires a class C license. (Car license) in CA.

When driving a bike on 2 wheels he is required to have an M1 endorsement. Which apparently he also rides 2 wheeled bikes. But the point is at the time of the accident he was perfectly legal. Just another case of someone in the media being stupid and stirin the pot. :thumbsup:

They talk about building a wall along the southern border....maybe we should just build one around CA!......Get out while you can!

I’ll keep my mouth shut about the southern border. :thumbsup:

Let’s get back to what we’re here for, talking and learning about motorcycles.