Sign in to follow this  

New to pit bikes, can i have a low down on what to avoid in a pit bike?

Hi,

Basically im looking for a cheapish pit bike just to have a bit of fun and tear around on.

Im looking to spend about £300-400, so about $700.

I was looking at this one in the UK, it seems ok, its made in china, i think the engine is a lonchin engine if that makes any sense.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4628847251&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

What do you guys think?

just get a brand thats supported with parts !! we get calls all the time from guys who cant find parts

Rocketa (Terminator) brand have no parts or service support whatsoever and many who deal them are just out to make a sale! :thumbsup:

Thats a pretty bold statement about Roketa... I've helped quite a few people on thumper talk with there roketa's just gotta ask

yes sir moto is correct. i havent had 1 problem with my roketa in the year i have owned it. and trust me, i race the sh*t outta the motor and pound on the bike like its not even funny. the bike costed me 540$ NEW compared to what the others are costing these days, id say that these bike are well worth there money. roketa has a CA based wharehouse where it is easy to call/ go in and get the parts you need. so i dont see any problem there? parts on the roketa's are interchangeable with honda crf50 parts (most of them), so it makes it very easy to hop one of these bikes up, like i have been doing. i recently just got my bike registered in the state of CA and it was a very easy process. no questions and no hassle. green stickered. (thanks moto)

-Ryan

Rocketa (Terminator) brand have no parts or service support whatsoever and many who deal them are just out to make a sale! :thumbsup:

NSANEMX search for about 2 months to get a part for his Roketa. He ask for information on the forums and got no help. He contacted Rocketa (Terminator Scooters) and some of thier dealers and got no help. We finally found the part he needed for his bike even though we did not carry the bike. So, his experience needless to say with Rocketa was not pleasant.

i have been advised to go for a thumpster, they look good quality bikes, but im only looking to ride up and down lanes on it really, and didnt feel like forking out £850 when something for £400 might be adequate.

Do you guys think a cheaper chinese bike might be able to handle this?

This one looks resonably promissing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-110cc-X-PRO-X-SPORT-SUPER-PIT-BIKE-FREE-DELIVERY_W0QQitemZ8041313246QQcategoryZ9946QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

the brake set-up on that last bike looks scary. the disks are too big for those 10 inch wheels. the motors on these things will probably be the most reliable part of the bike.

if you are not jumping or riding hard, something like this will probably work, but just make sure you can get parts if something breaks.

ok i have turned, im gona go for something that is below £1000, but a brand name. I havnt tried riding a pit bike before, but i live in the country side and i recon it would be awsome fun down the lanes/fields.

I can either go for the Monstermoto 05 m125 for £725 or the Monstermoto 06 MK1 for £949 (which is a re-branded PitsterPro 06, which leads me to think that the Montermoto 05 is the Pitster 05)

Im thinking as im new and i wont be running any competitions the cheaper of the two will be plenty, and im not technically minded enough to be able to see improvements between the two that could allow me to spend an extra 225 on the MK1.

Both found here: http://www.monstermoto.co.uk/pages/shop.htm

What would you guys advice.

Thanks alot for your help so far.

i have been advised to go for a thumpster, they look good quality bikes, but im only looking to ride up and down lanes on it really, and didnt feel like forking out £850 when something for £400 might be adequate.

Do you guys think a cheaper chinese bike might be able to handle this?

This one looks resonably promissing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-110cc-X-PRO-X-SPORT-SUPER-PIT-BIKE-FREE-DELIVERY_W0QQitemZ8041313246QQcategoryZ9946QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Thats the worst piece of crap I have seen. :thumbsup:

The problem you have is theres alot of people out there that don't think there getting a good deal unless there bent over and f***** it really amazes me thats ok though. it just means Those of us that ride knock off bikes have more time to ride them and more money in our pockets instead of having to work 24/7 to pay for the second they had to take out on there house to pay for there over priced name brand bikes

You might just be looking "to ride up and down some lanes" for now, but sooner or later, you'll be trying some ignorant crap...I would buy something that costs a little bit more now, rather than pay the price later....

I don't see anything wrong with that bike. I have a "knock off" chinese pit bike and it has done fine for me. I don't do any "extreme" big jumps (just small ones) but it has held up good for me. If you don't have the extra cash, I don't see why this bike wouldn't work. :thumbsup:

that bike would be fine, ive had to like that and never had any problems. i dont use them for big jumps, just about 10feet or so and theref fine, buy one!!! itl be fun

yes sir moto is correct. i havent had 1 problem with my roketa in the year i have owned it. and trust me, i race the sh*t outta the motor and pound on the bike like its not even funny. the bike costed me 540$ NEW compared to what the others are costing these days, id say that these bike are well worth there money. roketa has a CA based wharehouse where it is easy to call/ go in and get the parts you need. so i dont see any problem there? parts on the roketa's are interchangeable with honda crf50 parts (most of them), so it makes it very easy to hop one of these bikes up, like i have been doing. i recently just got my bike registered in the state of CA and it was a very easy process. no questions and no hassle. green stickered. (thanks moto)

-Ryan

where is this roketa wharehouse???? what city???

What to avoid in a pit bike? I would say avoid pit bikes altogether. Lame.

where is this roketa wharehouse???? what city???

Goldenvale, Inc.

2041 S Turner Ave

Ontario, CA 91761