Yoshi Install Help. (pic) New gasket needed?

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9486/exhaust6zs.jpg

I'm trying to put on my Yoshi full. When I take the header pipe off I only see this. I can't find any gasket. The bike is only a week old. Can I just bolt the Yoshi in there? See that pic, is that what's left of the gasket on there?? Ya think I'll have a leak if I go ahead and bolt this on?

Thanks for the help! Pretty cool how much bigger the header pipe is. I have a feeling this is gonna be loud as hell! :thumbsup:

Brian

The gasket, or what's left of it is stuck in the head.

They do tend to stay in the head, I had to dig mine out with a screwdriver :bonk:

I said what's left of it, as you seem to have some of it stuck on your stock header.

If the bit in the head is still flat, with no lump's out of it, you may be ok.

Neil. :thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

I'd just replace it anyway. Neil is right. The gasket is up there and if you're looking for a copper one like the Honda's you won't find it. It's wide and soft. Put a screw driver up there and poke around. When I worked at the Honda shop, I replaced the gaskets everytime. It only costs a few dollars and you're absolutly sure it's good.

I'd just replace it anyway. Neil is right. The gasket is up there and if you're looking for a copper one like the Honda's you won't find it. It's wide and soft. Put a screw driver up there and poke around. When I worked at the Honda shop, I replaced the gaskets everytime. It only costs a few dollars and you're absolutly sure it's good.

AAaarrgghhH! These directions SUCKKKK!! Yoshi directions: 1.) Take old one off 2.)Put new one on. The End. I can't the bolts lined up to save my life and I think I 99% sure I just ruined the threads on the exhaust pipe trying to make it line up. Will I bend the pipes I wale on it with a rubber mallet?

AAaarrgghhH! These directions SUCKKKK!! Yoshi directions: 1.) Take old one off 2.)Put new one on. The End. I can't the bolts lined up to save my life and I think I 99% sure I just ruined the threads on the exhaust pipe trying to make it line up. Will I bend the pipes I wale on it with a rubber mallet?

The directions are aimed at someone with a reasonable amount of experience.

Which threads do you think you have ruined ??

Have you found the gasket ?? make sure there is only one in there.

If you hit it with a hammer of any sort you will dent or bend the pipe.

Is it the right pipe, have you checked the part numbers ??

They do fit, but can be a fiddle.

Neil. :thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

I was at exact same spot a week ago. Installed my Hindle - w/o taking the gasket off the old header (it stayed on the header in my case) :thumbsup: ....

The good folks here pointed it out for me. Reused it with no problems.

:thumbsup:

Just go buy a new gasket they are only about $8 at the suzuki store.