Poll

Would you buy a YZ125 if the cases were cracked because of tightening the oil plug too hard? PLus if it has been ridden multiple times in an alley with no oil in the tranny? The bike runs fine though.

No and this should be in the general discussion or something, not the XR forum.

Would you buy a YZ125 if the cases were cracked because of tightening the oil plug too hard? PLus if it has been ridden multiple times in an alley with no oil in the tranny? The bike runs fine though.

Why yes, yes I would.

I'ld give $10.00 depending on if the tires were in good shape.

I've got enough ghosts in my closet, thank you.

I'd haft to pass on that one.

Why yes, yes I would.

I'ld give $10.00 depending on if the tires were in good shape.

:thumbsup:

ahhhh...another five seconds wasted.

funny this is, i own a YZ125 with cracked cases due to tightening the oild drain bolt! never ran it in an alley without oil. i would say "maybe" depending on the price and overall condition. (but would lean towards "no" there are plenty of other good project bikes out there with more potential)

i would, depending how much it was. The trannys not gonna be stuffed, if it was gonna be the clutch would be the only thing wrong with it.

Uh, NO.

If cheap, then yes.

It would take longer than running it up and down an alley without oil to damage the tranny. There would still be enough of a film of oil on the bearings for metal to metal contact to take place.

You could not pay me enough money to offset the embarrassment of riding, garaging or displaying any YZ product.