Sign in to follow this  

How was the Berthoud HS?

Patiently waiting for some info.....

Great.

The weather was perfect.

I lost the shift lever on the 2nd lap in 2nd gear, got it into 3rd and finished the remainder in 3rd. Knew I forgot to do something last night...TIGHTEN SH*T UP.

Still a great time. Some fast riders out there.

Patiently waiting for some info.....

I thought you were going???

They reworked the west side very nicely. A lot of nice flowing turns.

That side is really killer when they prep it. And it didn't get as bumpy as during the winter races. Maybe quite not as many racers (I also had a

steering stabilizer this time so maybe that's why the track felt smother)

I had a mental block after the woops on the north track. Right at the end

there was a 90 degree turn in powdery dust. I think it took me 3 laps to

remember it was there. I had a nice friendly race with a fellow on a 2 stroke KTM and a white helmet. I was marginally faster on the MX track and he was a bit faster in the back. I'll stuff that turn after the woops and he would pass me and pick up the pace. I had to put into reserve on the 8th lap so after that I short shifted and nursed whatever fuel I had left to the end and he disappeared into the distance. It is nice to have somebody about your speed.

I ended up with 9th laps. 4th in the Senior C, and 13th in the overall senior. I had a great time. And I won an soft cooler on wheel! (no beer in it thought :-)

That's too bad the other races are so far away. That's the only one I'm

going to do in this serie.

According to my GPS:

Distance: 59. miles.

Top speed: 60.5 mph.

Moving average: 25.2 mph.

bruno.

I thought you were going???

Me too, until I got the flu Tuesday night.

Don't worry Hokie, I missed it 'cause I was sick too. I almost went out there and tried it, but I decided it wasn't a good idea to go as fast as my bike can go if my head wasn't right.

Don't worry Hokie, I missed it 'cause I was sick too. I almost went out there and tried it, but I decided it wasn't a good idea to go as fast as my bike can go if my head wasn't right.

Yeah, I was entertaining thoughts of going, but my balance was way off so I stayed away. Gotta get it back together for pine ridge!

Thanks to all who participated, it was a good event.

We had a couple of heavy hitters come out (Sun Racing's Matt Karlsen, and Eric Rhoten from the WORKS series). Karlsen is currently 10th in WORKS series points and Eric is 13th overall. Matt took the win with Eric not too far behind. Bernie Fredrick was a respectable 3rd. Those guys were flying!

The race was delayed until 8:30 to let things warm up. The course was very good, a little slick the firts couple of laps but tacked up nicely. Almost no dust! VDR does a great job prepping and watering all 7 mi of course!

I got a good jump on the start and was probably 6th out of the first turn in the Vet line (30 riders or so). I took it pretty easy the first lap as it was freshly watered. There must have been some carnage behind me as I stayed out front of the pack. About 3 or 4 laps in I noticed my bark buster was dangling from my bars..... I was a bit distracted by this the rest of the race. Thoughts of a 10 inch alum. hook impaling me in a crash seemed to be enough to put me last in the Vet A. Congrats to Rusty Davis who won the Vet A and Phill Higdon who got second on a 250 2strk! The first couple laps were major power robbers. Its a 5 race series with no drops, so plenty of racing to make up for that result.

May 28 PMI

June 11 Sidney NE (time wise no further than Pueblo from Denver)

Tin

Yeah, I was entertaining thoughts of going, but my balance was way off so I stayed away. Gotta get it back together for pine ridge!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::confused::bonk: I want to play

May 28 PMI

I've never been to PMI. How does the track compare to VDR?

Also, are the entrance and registration fees about the same or do you

have to be a member of some organization, have a number...

And what's the difference between RMEC and weberacing. Are these 2 parallel hare scramble series that happen to have a few races in common?

thanks,

bruno.

And what's the difference between RMEC and weberacing. Are these 2 parallel hare scramble series that happen to have a few races in common?

thanks,

bruno.

Entry Form

:thumbsup::thumbsup::confused::bonk: I want to play

Take your medicine!

lda_captain_200511.jpg

thanks,

bruno.

We will have the new entry form up this week. We just got done with our Farmington race this weekend. These are the fees involved...

$40 entry

$20 transponder (good for 5 years) or $5 rental

$10 Membership (goes back to RMEC)

$10 practice (optional on Saturday)

$5 gate fee per person (Helps pay track prep and lease of PMI)

The RMEC and weberacing.com both have hare scramble series and co-sanction some races together. The next one of course is PMI then it goes to Angel Fire :thumbsup: then to Monicello UT for a warm up race before the WORCS co-sanction dual points race two weeks later. We are trying to give the local guys the home court advantage!

thanks,

bruno.

Forgot one of your questions...

The numbers are given at each race with no exceptions. Once you have a number with WeBe, you will have that number reserved for the rest of that season.

A little more on the RMEC fee. Full membership is $35 a year. 1 race is $10. If your a full member or join as a full member at the race that is your only fee and it's good at every RMEC race then. Plus you get a news letter and your membership is good at RMEC enduros also.