Sign in to follow this  

Levers for small hands

Hey ladies, just wondering if any of you have a problem with the standard levers on your bikes being too far away for you to reach? My hands seem too small to reach them and I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of finding adjustable levers, or levers that aren't as far away from the grips as the stock ones are. I tried the search on here, but wasn't too successful.

I had asked a similar ? in the crf450 forum. I heard that people often use 80cc levers on bigger bikes. I had asked if any one knew about this, and recieved no useful info. I went to my dealer and they confirmed that certain brands mini bikes levers do fit the larger bikes. At the track people said to just buy the complete lever n perch set up from a smaller bike like an 80.

try an purchase a Honda CR80 Lever and perch (newer years preferably) ....helps out little hands alot.... i got one off ebay for $2 bucks...

Look at some of the different bends available from aftermarket companies. Some of them have a big dip in them and put the lever closer to the bar.

You can also slack the cable so it doesn't go out so far.

Dave

I have very small hands too (My gloves are kids large, lol) and giving the cable some slack worked for me. I use the regular size levers now. I tried some smaller MSR ones before and it didnt really make much difference (for me anyway). But yes adjusting and making the lever easier to pull in helped ALOT.

Thanks for this info. I started riding hubby's bike and have found that my short little fingers just don't reach the levers like they should. I will have to pass this on to him so maybe I can actually use the clutch and front brake without struggling.

I don't know if you guys know this but the regular levers on the stock perches can be adjusted on the bike to bring them closer or further out. Hubby adjusts them on mine. I could never reach them if they were all the way out like on his bike. It might be the difference between reaching them and having to buy something else.

The ARC levers have a set screw on the lever itself that will allow you to adjust the reach without loosening the cables. And they are much harder to break. We put them on her KX250F and she loves em so far.....

dg636

:thumbsup:

They should do the trick. There's a adjustment screw on both the clutch and front brake levers that will allow you shorten the pull without changing your cables. I know there costly but they do last longer.

dg636

P.S. check for a replacement warranty on the back of the package they ship them in. I hear they are good about replacing them. :thumbsup:

For what it's worth, my wife has verrry small hands. I purchased an ASV clutch lever for her ttr125 and the adjustability really worked out well. Made the difference between not being able to reach it at all w/ her hand on the grip, to being able to comfortably reach and still fully disengage the clutch. I got it as a refurb from ASV on ebay and I'd be hardpressed to tell it from new.

Yes, ASV.

The adjustability goes down way low. And if you buy the whole perch setup the pull overall is easier than stock. I love my complete set.

Thanks everyone. My lever should be here this week so hopefully I can post back next week and let you know how it works.

I ordered an ASV clutch lever that is adjustable. We'll see if that helps. I hope it does considering the darn thing was $60. :thumbsup:
You should of tried to adjust the stock one first but hey, you got yourself a new lever anyway. New is always cool. :thumbsup: Is it the one that bend backward (so they don't break if you crash)?

Thanks everyone. My lever should be here this week so hopefully I can post back next week and let you know how it works.

Donna, have you gotten to try out the new lever yet? I'm anxious to hear how it works for you.

Damn Motoworld Racing.com still has not shipped it yet. I placed my order on the 10th. I'm really mad about this. :ride: They told me it was out of stock and that it would get to their supplier by the 17th, then shipped to them. Here it is the 27th and I still haven't even received an order tracking number yet. :crazy: