Sign in to follow this  

SM Proptaper Bars, Help

I have a new tag t2 kit ready to install. It has the universal clamp kit to allow install of the oversize bars. They will be a bit higher as a result of the clamps. I have a couple of questions.

- how do i reinstall the key switch mount?

- will the pad be in the way of the speedo?

is there anything else I should be aware of. I would just like to have a good plan before i start. Thanks

prince edward island. he's up in the "great white north" eh?

I have a new tag t2 kit ready to install. It has the universal clamp kit to allow install of the oversize bars. They will be a bit higher as a result of the clamps. I have a couple of questions.

- how do i reinstall the key switch mount?

Relocate to the top triple mount on the side. it's out of the way, and still looks decent if done right.

- will the pad be in the way of the speedo?

Most likely it will still be visible since you have no cross bar.

is there anything else I should be aware of. I would just like to have a good plan before i start. Thanks

Just take you time and dry fit any parts befor you mod anything. it will give you a better idea of what it will look like completed and you can make changes if you dont like the results.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

I made a new key mount that looks like the stocker but the bolt spacing matches the adapter.

KeyBracket.jpg

I don't run a pad.

ignitionbracket.jpg

oh by the way we are north east, about 200 miles from maine/canada border. This is gods country when it comes to bike riding and vacationing. If anyones interested, there are vacation homes here on the ocean that you can rent by the week. Imagine this.... just came back from riding all day, walk 100ft in your private back yard and go snorkling in 80 degree water. Then fire up the grill, eat scallops and lobster for supper. You wont see one car drive by, complete privacy.

I have 2 of these places if anyones interested. By the way, ones brand new, complete with jacuzzi and 2 full baths, all wood inside, 5 star. The other is a cedar log, 25 years old and really nice, 4 star. Both come with a single car garage, complete with a full bath in the garage. Are you sold yet?

I didn't realize the water got that warm up there. Guess the Gulf Stream skirts the island?

We used to vacation in Maine (Bar Harbor) until it started getting too crowded the swimming area at the place we used to rent was more like

45*(F) can you say shrinkage

I drilled out the holes on the key switch bracket just a hare and also used the stock bolts instead of the bolts that came with the Tag universal bar mounts. I don't have the bar pad on as I would have had to hack it big time to make it work then it would have been held on only by the right side. The key switch bracket won't fit without cutting up the bar pad.

An other way to mount theswitch . I flipped the stock bracket and used a stainless u-bolt and acorn nuts.

I made a new key mount that looks like the stocker but the bolt spacing matches the adapter.

KeyBracket.jpg

I don't run a pad.

ignitionbracket.jpg

Same kind of thing I did, but I redrilled the stock mounting plate:

smquadparts37fo.jpg

FYI the water here is the warmest water north of virgina. Its a warm current that flows thru. Right now there is normall ice floating around, this year we had an exceptionally warn winter and there is no ice. In 2 months, tourists will be splashing on the southside and a month latter, on the north side. THERE ARE NO SHARKS lol.