Practicing ruts

Since it's so early in the season, my track is still under water :confused: . But I decided to practice anyway. The quickest thing to build was ruts and it was all good since I was REALLY bad riding them :bonk: . So I went to an unused field and started building ruts. I did three ruts, forming a triangle so I can do laps on both sides:

rutfeild.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

All three of them are different and need a slightly different approach. The deepest one was the hardest to get. I crashed a couple of times in it, unable to turn the wheel and keep the bike under me. :thumbsup:

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

Ruts are a pain when you can't balance in them but they get really fun once your get them smoothly. Riding them one way or the other is really different and it's really weird to turn right when you've been turning left for 5 minutes. :bonk:

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

Here's also a clip of me turning.

http://media.putfile.com/Rut-Riding

Feel free to put a comment. :thumbsup:

Those aren't ruts but the early deveoping stages of a newborn berm. Haha, just kidding...........keep practicing and when you see an inside rut through a turn during a race, you'll take it and make the pass. :thumbsup:

looks good, stay on the gas. DONT LOOK AT THE GROUND. This will feel aquard, but it will make life much easier for you.

It's sooo hard to not look at the ground when riding in ruts. That is one of my weekest points.

Try sitting farther forward and moving your butt off of the center of the seat. Put the side edge of the seat in the crack of your butt. :thumbsup: Lay the bike over further, while weighting the outside peg and look ahead. Try it, you'll like it. You'll be able to go faster.

Try sitting farther forward and moving your butt off of the center of the seat. Put the side edge of the seat in the crack of your butt. :confused: Lay the bike over further, while weighting the outside peg and look ahead. Try it, you'll like it. You'll be able to go faster.

:thumbsup: with your head over the number plate :thumbsup: