Sign in to follow this  

Any litte tricks?

do any of you know any little tricks to had little power? im not talking about huge gains, but maybe little stuff? somethings that are cheap? because i know all the big things like reeds and pipes and jetting and all that. im just wondering if there any small little tips or tricks that can boost it a little? :bonk::confused::thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

Always use fresh gas, run w/ a clean air filter, jet for your area, run ATF in the tranny, keep tires properly inflated, adjust sag and suspension for your weight and ability...................that will get you going faster for almost free! :thumbsup:

it wont add power but, you can shift the power you have around a little with almost no work at all, by just running a few xtra pipe spacers...it will allow the lowend to come on a little quicker...not a huge difference, but it will be noticable. :thumbsup:

Are a lot of guys running ATF in their trannys? I know we are supposed to stay away from lubricants that have friction modifiers but did not know ATF was OK. Thought it might be a little light. Right now I'm using Rotella 15-40 since I have a diesel truck and their is always a gallon or 2 in my garage.

Jet correctly.

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner. The best way to get the most out of your bike for very little money, but you will spend quite a bit of time.

A few other things: aftermarket air filter

clean and freshly lubed chain to reduce drag

suspension that is fresh and the linkages lubes and working properly - this will help get the power to the ground where it belongs.

properly greased wheel bearings and axles.

Fresh motor and properly adjusted power valve

I can't think of any more right now.

polishing/porting always gives a good gain

Not if you don't do anything else. If you just port and polish the cylinder, you have not gained a single HP. Add some carb work, head mods, CDI mods and a pipe and you got found power. Top it off by stuffing the crank and you got a near national caliber motor! :thumbsup:

he does have good ideas on cdi work, pipe, reeds ect... but the first question to this thread was what improvements u can do to ur bike with out adding pipe, reeds, ect...

and porting/polishing was not on the list...

he does have good ideas on cdi work, pipe, reeds ect... but the first question to this thread was what improvements u can do to ur bike with out adding pipe, reeds, ect...

and porting/polishing was not on the list...

Take your BS back to the Yamaha forum. :thumbsup:

Post your credentials and I'll post mine for everyone to compare!

:thumbsup:

Post your credentials and I'll post mine for everyone to compare!

:thumbsup:

Ha, this will be good. Trust me, Faded knows a lot about bikes.

Ha, this will be good. Trust me, Faded knows a lot about bikes.

Well maybe he knows a little about bikes but his 'tact' needs help. What did he think posting a flamming response was going to do other than get a reaction.