Wide Ratio gearbox on pingers

Hola crew. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company who makes wide ratio gears for new 2 strokes?

I've tried a google search but have come up empty handed.

Also, I know KTM makes the XC-W line but I don't want to spend that kind of money on a new bike because I think I could build one cheaper.

Also, I know KTM makes the XC-W line but I don't want to spend that kind of money on a new bike because I think I could build one cheaper.

Why not try and find a used KTM?

I have a connection for new Kawi's and would absolutly love to own a brand new bike if I could build it out the way I want. I've never owned a brand new bike and in a month or two will have the cash to buy one outright and make it nice. If wide ratio gears aren't available then I will have to rethink the plan. I know guys still race baja and stuff on pingers and can't imagine them not having wide ratio, however I could be way off on that.

try to get the brand new bike...that would be sweet.

you also have the wr250 ...not the new wr250f but the older ones ..

you also have the wr250 ...not the new wr250f but the older ones ..

They re-released them in Australia. It could be possible? If not, could you not just change the final drive ratio?

a new transmission wont be cheap to buy or put in. i dont think its very common.

Do you have a link about the Australian bikes? I've been looking around and can't find anything about them.

The KDX200's have 6 speeds AND they are dirt cheap at a mere $4000 brand new. I dont know exact gear ratios but I imagine that they have a pretty high top speed.

yeahhh

my dad used to have a cr250 with a wide ratio transmission, took about 12 hours nonstop work for a shop to put in...i know this doesnt tell you much but it means it can be done

Hola crew. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company who makes wide ratio gears for new 2 strokes?
Yes, W-R gear sets are available for crossers, but you're talking $500-600 plus labor. Not very cost effective and probably much easier to sell the crosser and get a used KTM or similar.
Do you have a link about the Australian bikes? I've been looking around and can't find anything about them.

I will try and find it. A magazine reviewed one while we were living there.

i'll look around

Yes, W-R gear sets are available for crossers, but you're talking $500-600 plus labor. Not very cost effective and probably much easier to sell the crosser and get a used KTM or similar.

Where would one look for these?

99-06 yz250 can use WR426 gears.

Madmanengineering.com sells cr250 wr kits.

RM250's I have heard can use DRZ400 tranny parts.

Don't know anything about the kx's,sorry.

Most the YZ 250s that race desert and Baja in the Pro classes use wide ratio gearboxes and E-line stators for lights. Any Yamaha dealer can set you up with a wide ratio box. :thumbsup: Steny

99-06 yz250 can use WR426 gears.

Madmanengineering.com sells cr250 wr kits.

RM250's I have heard can use DRZ400 tranny parts.

Don't know anything about the kx's,sorry.

isnt kawi and suzuki like the same thing.. kinda