Sign in to follow this  

BR today

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I went to BR today with Sparkplug and friends today. I got there at like 12:30 or so. I signed in a asked for a part for sparkplug, the guy went to go find it and like 20 minutes later i see him and im like "So do you have the part?" He oh no we dont have it i called a parts store and they dont have it either becuz this one is hardned. I was like when exactly did you plan on telling me that or were you not going to. He friggen totally forgot to tell me that So we just stood there forever. Then they raised the price to 25. Not a huge deal I mean the last time i was out there it was kick ass it was watered the jumps were fine. TOday however, not a damn bit of water on the track only the whoops (which is dangerous enough as it is) And you couldnt ride behind ANYONE, it was like riding behind a quad you couldnt see a damn thing The jumps were all jacked up and everything. Altho I did find a super kicker all the way to the left side of the big table top.

At the end of the day I take out my old 2000 cr250 (now my dads bike ) to feel the suspension, I got used to it came out of hte whoops and into the offcamber table, I scrub the big time (2strokes scrub easier I found) I got it all positioned staight landed, and BAM, foot slips of the right side peg, hits the ground, peg smashes into the leg as the ground stops my foot, and then a harsh twist all in one motion. SIgh, I was thinking there is no way in hell its not broken, Got back to the car and it was burning and feeling wierd, but I rode to go say goodbye to a freind i met and then jumped the table 1 more time. So now my foot//ankle is swollen up and My knee is really hurting. I am lucky as hell I didnt snap it in two. It really started hurting after i took the boot off thats for sure.

Extremely bad day at BR, Here I come Joliet! If i can ride next week lol. (ibueprofen/beer and painkillers!)

Sucks to hear you had a bad day man! :confused:

Actually, the track wasn't watered at all last time I was out there with you, that was just from the rain we got earlier that week.

And I highly doubt they watered those back whoops, that section of the track just holds water for some reason :thumbsup:

Not trying to make excuses for them, but with the dirt they have out there it's almost impossible to keep it tacky for more than a couple hours.

If they do what they did last year, start going out there on Saturday mornings. They usually disk, prep the jumps and water the tracks Friday night :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I'd be careful on that "super kicker" on the left side of the table top. A kid I usually ride with got a helicopter ride thanks to that thing :bonk:

Excuse me,........................... How was the sand track :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh, and how was the...........................woods :confused::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::cry::bonk:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

SAnd track was ok pretty dried out also, the step up was all jacked the hill was back, The trails where alittle muddy but not bad, i rode the track to the left of the table top for beginners! It rocked.

Matt, So i shouldnt have done heelclickers off it either huh? It was sweet dood all sideways heelclicked booyah! It kicks you so HIGH its INSANE!!!

My leg is swollen and so is my ankle, the knee is tender now. Hopefully should be good for next friday (fingers crossed)

Definitely have to agree with D1PP1N. The track conditions were pretty poor. All the dust made it very difficult to ride. It definitely needed to be watered. If I had known it would be like that, I probably would have tried to join Hogie at Walnut. At least I am close enough to go check out the track, BR, prior to committing to ride there or just go somewhere else. Combine that with further mechanical problems and I would say this weekend SUCKED :bonk::bonk::thumbsup::confused::thumbsup: . D1PP1N, did you get a few laps in with my brother's buddy ? I had forgotten to ask. Sorry to hear 'bout the injury. It must have happened after we left. I appreciate you asking about the part and now I know why it took so long. Negative Nancy signing off.

Matt, So i shouldnt have done heelclickers off it either huh? It was sweet dood all sideways heelclicked booyah! It kicks you so HIGH its INSANE!!!

I've hit that line plenty of times, but don't anymore. It kicks you so high that if you don't hit it perfect and land perfect you're gonna be in a world of hurt. :thumbsup:

My buddy Neil had to bail at the heighest point in the air and it wasn't pretty when he came down.

A local A rider made that line a long time ago and he throws it completely upside down off of it, it's amazining to see :confused: He'll do completely whipped out nac-nacs and no footed can-cans off of it :bonk: He's actually the one I learned to whip off of just by watching him :thumbsup:

Not trying to make excuses for them, but with the dirt they have out there it's almost impossible to keep it tacky for more than a couple hours.

they could move some of that sand up there and have an awesome track up top. when its dry, all that place will do is ruin tires. when its wet its just greasy. With the terrain, space, clay and sand, that place has the potential to be one of the best tracks in the country.

But when i rode there last week, i was hitting the same potholes that were there 6 months ago and if i go there again next year, i am sure they will be still there. i will give my $25 to a track that gives a crap!!! :thumbsup:

:BAM, foot slips of the right side peg, hits the ground, peg smashes into the leg as the ground stops my foot, and then a harsh twist all in one motion.

sorry to hear that man. ICE, ICE, ICE and then more ICE. do you want the number of my ortho? :thumbsup:

seriously, sounds like you need to take it easy for a few days...i got sick after i did my knee and it was kind of a blessing since i couldnt go and ride on it.

I've hit that line plenty of times, but don't anymore. It kicks you so high that if you don't hit it perfect and land perfect you're gonna be in a world of hurt. :thumbsup:

My buddy Neil had to bail at the heighest point in the air and it wasn't pretty when he came down.

A local A rider made that line a long time ago and he throws it completely upside down off of it, it's amazining to see :confused: He'll do completely whipped out nac-nacs and no footed can-cans off of it :bonk: He's actually the one I learned to whip off of just by watching him :thumbsup:

Joey Brewer huh? he was the sh!t, does he still ride?

A local A rider made that line a long time ago and he throws it completely upside down off of it, it's amazining to see :thumbsup: He'll do completely whipped out nac-nacs and no footed can-cans off of it :bonk: He's actually the one I learned to whip off of just by watching him :thumbsup:

do you know his name or how often he goes out there? last year there was a guy on a kawi(i think) that was hitting it and he was getting it pretty flat way up the hell up there. I was guessing 10-15' above the peak of the face. :bonk: I don't know if it was him, but he made it look effortless and it looked 2nd nature to him. :confused:

but it wasn't as cool as this TOTP

I just feel that If you are going to charge a premium rate like the other tracsk you better start taking care of hte track. At joliet its 50 dollar membership then 20 to ride. But the track is fully groomed and watered every practice and the mx track is groomed also. You cant beat that. Its like going to a lexus dealer and buying a new car, only it is a Kia with a lexus sticker on it. Sure it still drives nice and eveyrthing but it certainly wasnt what you expected :thumbsup:

Joey Brewer huh? he was the sh!t, does he still ride?

Yeah, I'm talking about Joe :thumbsup: He doesn't really ride anymore, broke his wrist last year on MY bike before it was mine along with messing up his ankle somehow so he is laying low right now. He lives with one of my good friends from Ottawa. I swear that kid is an celebrity in the Ottawa area for all the crazy stuff he does/did, people literally drop his name like a celebrity. "Yeah, I know Joe Brewer, we go riding all the time." And then people like me who actually know him will be like, "Thats funny cuz I hang out with him and ride with him all the time and I've never seen you!" :confused:

As far as the track, I don't know what to tell you guys. Sam has a lot of cool plans for the place and if he does them it will really make the place a lot better :thumbsup:

And D1PP1N, I told you should have went to Walnut, that place is always awesome :bonk:

Track grooming is the biggest complaint I have heard over the year about Buffalo. We only go now as last resort for the very reasons Dippin describes. If it's going to cost me $20 to ride, might as well ride on a groomed track.

Track has been like that for a while so I wouldn't hold my breath for any changes. If they happen great, but don't hold your breath.

You guys think you got it bad, they NEVER groom the trails at Buffalo Range. Man I hate that, you'll be riding along and there will be some stupid log in the way or a rut. Jeez, one time I got hit in the face with a tree branch and my bike got muddy crossing the creek. I'm like, yo man for $25 they best be cleanin that shit up or I ain't comin back man!

Word.

You guys think you got it bad, they NEVER groom the trails at Buffalo Range. Man I hate that, you'll be riding along and there will be some stupid log in the way or a rut. Jeez, one time I got hit in the face with a tree branch and my bike got muddy crossing the creek. I'm like, yo man for $25 they best be cleanin that shit up or I ain't comin back man!

Word.

And there's trees everywhere!

Track grooming is the biggest complaint I have heard over the year about Buffalo. We only go now as last resort for the very reasons Dippin describes. If it's going to cost me $20 to ride, might as well ride on a groomed track.

Track has been like that for a while so I wouldn't hold my breath for any changes. If they happen great, but don't hold your breath.

The problem with Buffalo is the dirt. If they disk it, it clumps up real bad without water. If they water, it becomes real greasy without disking it. If they do both most people complain it's too muddy and deep and complain about the ruts. :thumbsup:

I know it's hard to believe, but some people go out there because it's so hard and one lined. Sam has told me about people complaining to him on Saturday mornings when the track is in perfect race condition that it is too wet and deep and that they wait until around noon once it dries out and hardens up. And unfortunately, it's probable a 3 to 1 ratio of newbies and goons to people that actually have a clue about riding MX and what good conditions are. I guess that's what happens when you are a riding park and not a MX track with regulated practices. :thumbsup:

So basically Sam is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't :confused:

But like I have said before, if they groom the track like they did last year, the best time to go out there is on Saturdays early in the morning, usually before noon. The track is basically like it used to be when they held races. Once the hillbillies and spodes come around noon though, it all goes right back to hell :bonk:

Yep, you MX'ers shoulda went out to Walnut or Motoland :thumbsup:

BR is one of the closest tracks/riding areas for us, but we haven't been back since they quit holding D-17 races. I was telling Bruce372 yesterday, on race day, that track was so awesome, I mean perfect! I wouldn't waste my $ to ride it any other time, when there are better options. Now if they have a few groomed practices through the year, sure. Although I would like to check out the new sand track some day.