BR today

On race day that track is better than pretty much any I've ever ridden ?

If you've ever been out Walnut on a non-practice day or race day (basically if you know Bob and he lets you come ride his track) that track is basically like Buffalo but a heck of a lot more holes and almost as much dust. ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the same thing you guys do on first shift. You get off between 3-5 pm, stay up until 10PM then repeat, i cant fall asleep right after work. I think I stay up the same amount of time as a normal person do on anyshift after work.

Plus in a nerd that stays up playing RPG's on the pc with friends ?

I thought you meant you go out on the weekend and then come home and stay up that long. After I get home on the weekends I stay up maybe an hour at the most if it's not too late, then go to bed.

Makes more sense now! ?

I thought you meant you go out on the weekend and then come home and stay up that long. After I get home on the weekends I stay up maybe an hour at the most if it's not too late, then go to bed.

Makes more sense now! ?

Me too, I was as confused as Matt, and it takes a lot for me to admit that.

Yeah the track was terrible yesterday. In fact I rode 2 laps and spent the rest of the day in the trails. I thought I was gonna ride the creek bed up front, except it was a flowing river. Anyhow here is the problem I am now experiencing. 3 times in the last month we have been there and each time I have been sales pitched in dirtgear. I mean just lay your eyes on one thing and they run over and try to push it. To the point of damn near reaching into my pocket and pulling out the money. I understand they make their living selling accessories and now bikes, but man can`t anyone just look? Oh and as far as Joliets MX track being groomed, hahah. We go every Thursday night (although not yet this year do to weather) and if it is groomed once a month thats alot.

Yeah the track was terrible yesterday. In fact I rode 2 laps and spent the rest of the day in the trails. I thought I was gonna ride the creek bed up front, except it was a flowing river. Anyhow here is the problem I am now experiencing. 3 times in the last month we have been there and each time I have been sales pitched in dirtgear. I mean just lay your eyes on one thing and they run over and try to push it. To the point of damn near reaching into my pocket and pulling out the money. I understand they make their living selling accessories and now bikes, but man can`t anyone just look? Oh and as far as Joliets MX track being groomed, hahah. We go every Thursday night (although not yet this year do to weather) and if it is groomed once a month thats alot.

Although I've never experienced this because I know everyone that works in there, my bet is they're like that because they are so new and trying to make a name for themselves.

Although I've never experienced this because I know everyone that works in there, my bet is they're like that because they are so new and trying to make a name for themselves.

The MX (back) track at Joliet was in excellent shape last Wednesday night. Much better condition than me! I don't know if that was an unusual event, but I'm since I'm only 15 minutes away, I'm sure I'll be there again before long. I plan on doing their 3-4 MX events in late summer, early fall, so I figure I might as well learn the track's direction ??? ?

Sorry folks, I shoulda tagged this to Spizz's response...either way, Joliet was in nice shape...so was Buffalo on Saturday!

You guys think you got it bad, they NEVER groom the trails at Buffalo Range. Man I hate that, you'll be riding along and there will be some stupid log in the way or a rut. Jeez, one time I got hit in the face with a tree branch and my bike got muddy crossing the creek. I'm like, yo man for $25 they best be cleanin that shit up or I ain't comin back man!

Word.

Not to mention, the brown scuffs stumps leave on white boots! Absolute hell!

Oh and as far as Joliets MX track being groomed, hahah. We go every Thursday night (although not yet this year do to weather) and if it is groomed once a month thats alot.

Spizz, how about this week, so far the weather looks to cooperate. I just need to make sure my bike is back together. Fork seal leaking like a sieve. Just got in the house from dropping the forks of @ DGY. I should hopefully have them back on Wed at the latest. I will be out there Thursday if they get-r-done. See ya there ?

I can ride trails/hillclimbs actually I race them like i would a on track even if i never been thru the trail b4. Its the only way i will trail ride, it puts me on the edge cuz i dont know whats coming up next and it challenges me to react in a snap. I do have all white gear and boots, im working on the pink goggles. And i ride trails without bark busters or a bigger fueltank.

I just wish that they would care enough to atleast fix the jumps no wonder people get hurt there. I mean Im hitting every jump in 3rd tapped or 4th hard (so 35-40mph atleast) the least they can do is make it even all the way from top to bottom. The watering thing is understandable but there is no excuse not to fix the jumps.

I would like a groomed track so i can actually make some good, straight, intellegent Lines around the track and not the goofy goon lines running off the track and all over the place. ? yes i am crying a river....

I can ride trails/hillclimbs actually I race them like i would a on track even if i never been thru the trail b4. Its the only way i will trail ride, it puts me on the edge cuz i dont know whats coming up next and it challenges me to react in a snap. I do have all white gear and boots, im working on the pink goggles. And i ride trails without bark busters or a bigger fueltank.

I just wish that they would care enough to atleast fix the jumps no wonder people get hurt there. I mean Im hitting every jump in 3rd tapped or 4th hard (so 35-40mph atleast) the least they can do is make it even all the way from top to bottom. The watering thing is understandable but there is no excuse not to fix the jumps.

I would like a groomed track so i can actually make some good, straight, intellegent Lines around the track and not the goofy goon lines running off the track and all over the place. ? yes i am crying a river....

On that note:

As others that have ridden before me, I now realize, black gear makes the white boots stand out even more! Viva la blanc!!!

nothing, i go and make my own lines but then they become goon lines lol. its funny when u see everyone ride the track and just use the one tire mark line around the track. then i make a new one then half go thru that line. Like i made a new section of track or something!!

nothing, i go and make my own lines but then they become goon lines lol. its funny when u see everyone ride the track and just use the one tire mark line around the track. then i make a new one then half go thru that line. Like i made a new section of track or something!!

understood.

everyone wants to think they got their $25 worth!

funny tho...I saw no goon lines right thru the whoops ????

where'd the goons go?