Coolant issues!

I'd be more concerned with HOW the motor got so HOT!

I believe that P.C.'s kit is avail w/ an Aluminum Y.

I'd be more concerned with HOW the motor got so HOT!

I believe that P.C.'s kit is avail w/ an Aluminum Y.

Ditto that!!! I'd be more concerned about fixing the problem than treating the symptom!

wouldnt a metal connector just heat up and transfer the heat to the system ? :thumbsup:

The motor got so hot because I was doing a really technical, slow section. I wasnt get much air through the radiators. It started spitting a coolant a little bit like every other 4 stroke when it gets warm. But all of the sudden it started shooting steam out pretty good..Thats when I realized that it was something else wrong. Im praying that no engine damage was done. I should be getting her back together this weekend

Well I just got my bike back together..Looks like I did alot more damage then I thought. Its getting water in the cylinder and has water in the oil..I have a race next weekend :thumbsup::thumbsup: Owell I guess ill go pick up a CRF450 this week :confused:

wouldnt a metal connector just heat up and transfer the heat to the system ? :thumbsup:

If you made it out of iron, then yes...but Aluminum has a lower tendency to carry heat (hence the reason for aluminum radiators in almost all autos). I can't believe Kawi put a plastic connector on the coolant system....

Just wanted to say thanks to Kawasaki.. They are footing the bill and fixing my bike for me..Turns out when the plastic T melted, it also did alot of other engine damage as well.. Blown headgasket, as well some other seals and gaskets. Kawasaki is taking care of it for me.. I really want to thank them for standing behind there bikes. Ill be 1st in line for a 07 when they arrive :thumbsup:

Just wanted to say thanks to Kawasaki.. They are footing the bill and fixing my bike for me..Turns out when the plastic T melted, it also did alot of other engine damage as well.. Blown headgasket, as well some other seals and gaskets. Kawasaki is taking care of it for me.. I really want to thank them for standing behind there bikes. Ill be 1st in line for a 07 when they arrive :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::confused::bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

EXCELLENT!!!!

With the head gasket being bad, that leads me more to the assumption that it went first or something along those lines. Just my .02 though.

I had the same problem in a gncc race, let me know if anyone has aluminum or steel, i thought about making some out of cooper.

2007 KX 450f's have a metal one and they are on back order right now. Mine melted too and caused all of the coolant to leak out.

Not a common problem but seen a few. Made our own billet aluminium y joiners very early on when the 450's came out. Kawasaki have addressed the issue for 2007. Order the 07 y joiner or order the one piece silicone hoses.