Coolant issues!

The motor got so hot because I was doing a really technical, slow section. I wasnt get much air through the radiators. It started spitting a coolant a little bit like every other 4 stroke when it gets warm. But all of the sudden it started shooting steam out pretty good..Thats when I realized that it was something else wrong. Im praying that no engine damage was done. I should be getting her back together this weekend

Well I just got my bike back together..Looks like I did alot more damage then I thought. Its getting water in the cylinder and has water in the oil..I have a race next weekend ?? Owell I guess ill go pick up a CRF450 this week :confused:

wouldnt a metal connector just heat up and transfer the heat to the system ? ?

If you made it out of iron, then yes...but Aluminum has a lower tendency to carry heat (hence the reason for aluminum radiators in almost all autos). I can't believe Kawi put a plastic connector on the coolant system....

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks to Kawasaki.. They are footing the bill and fixing my bike for me..Turns out when the plastic T melted, it also did alot of other engine damage as well.. Blown headgasket, as well some other seals and gaskets. Kawasaki is taking care of it for me.. I really want to thank them for standing behind there bikes. Ill be 1st in line for a 07 when they arrive ?

Just wanted to say thanks to Kawasaki.. They are footing the bill and fixing my bike for me..Turns out when the plastic T melted, it also did alot of other engine damage as well.. Blown headgasket, as well some other seals and gaskets. Kawasaki is taking care of it for me.. I really want to thank them for standing behind there bikes. Ill be 1st in line for a 07 when they arrive ?

?:confused::bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

EXCELLENT!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...