Sign in to follow this  

Dunlop 952

Besides a new chain, it is also time for a new rear tire. (I know, get used to it). My question is, how has the Dunlop 952s been holding up on the beasts? It is advertised as patterned after the 756 but longer lasting. That sounds like just what I am looking for. What has your experience been with this tire? :thumbsup:

I like them. they do last for a long time. they dont bite as good as a 756. but you dont have to change it out after ever 4 rides. i would also look at maxxis or kenda. they make some tires that last for a long time and at a great price

I'd give the 952 a :thumbsup:

I like wear and versatility. That's a 952 for ya. It's not perfect, but it does both extreme's well for me. Decent in the mud, and decent in the hard pack.

Anybody know how the 952 compares with the Michelin MS3 for biting in the corners? I have the MS3s now and like them but bought a set of 952s and I haven't put them on yet - should I have stayed with the MS3s?????

Anybody know how the 952 compares with the Michelin MS3 for biting in the corners? I have the MS3s now and like them but bought a set of 952s and I haven't put them on yet - should I have stayed with the MS3s?????

I think the ms3 definately grips better in every way. Wear is another story. They're sorta close. I'd go with the MS3. Have you put them on yet? What do YOU think?

I hated the MS3 rear. Totally unpredictable anywhere except loose dirt. Rocky sections you better pucker up. :thumbsup:

Try the MH3. I hated the MS3 because it only worked in sand but I love the MH3.

I hated the MS3 rear. Totally unpredictable anywhere except loose dirt. Rocky sections you better pucker up. :thumbsup:

We had the ms2 on our 250 and they sucked, They wore really good but traction they sucked soo bad.. We now have been running maxxis it really like them, we also picked up some 952 too try out when we wear down these sets.. I think a good combo too run is 756 front with either maxxis it rear or 952

I have the MS3 front and rear on both my CR250 and 450. They have been wearing pretty but are getting down there. I ride the desert and I notice that the MS3 rear will chunk a little in the rocky stuff but is a great paddle tire in the sand. The MS3 front sticks well in sand turns but can be slightly spooky on hard pack witha light sand coating. I have had Maxxis on my 650 and they wear like iron but in the turns they will push out. I have the 952s in the garage and both the CR250 and the 450 are getting ready. Any opinions on which bike the 952 would be better suited for - or does it matter?