Gas in the Carb....

Is it a good idea to run the gas out of your Carb when your bike is not going to be in use for awhile (One month plus...).I am not sure to leave it in with fuel stabilizer or run it out.I taught if you run the gas out of the carb you will slowly build a residue over a period time.What are you guys doing when storing your bike????????

I know with our outboard boat motors we always shut off the fuel and run them until they quit to get the fuel out of the system. Never considered it with a bike. Would probably be a good idea if it is going to sit....put the battery on a tender....still run fuel stabilizer.

I’ve been told running the fuel out of a carburetor is hard on the o-rings and gaskets and if there are any metal parts they may rust. This is an ongoing debate no fuel vs. fuel in the carburetor but I would have to agree with Tim, add the Fuel Stabilizer and run it through the system if it is only going to sit for a month.

Never 'run' the carb out of fuel...

There is a drain screw on the carb for that very purpose!

You can put fuel stabilizer in the bike, run it for awhile, and leave the fuel in the carbs if you prefer, but the best thing to do is...

Put fuel stbilizer in the tank, run the bike so the fuel stabilizer goes right through the system, AND drain the carbs by using the drain screw. You could leave the bike for a year or more, like this, and not have any problems.

If you are concerned about corrsion or breakdown of the o-rings in the carbs, use fogging oil.

Also make sure the tank is topped up, to reduce condensation inside the tank.

?