Sign in to follow this  

Shaving the seat?

i was out riding my 250F for the first time today and i realized that i still felt a little small for it and i was just wondering how i would go about shaving the seat maybe an inch? or 2 im only 5'6 i love the bike i just want to feel a little bit more comfortable on it. some help me out.

Iam also your height. I shaved my seat and made a Step in it just in front of the Honda logo. I woods race and love it. Made it a lot easier to touch the ground plus the step holds you in place. I took 1" out.

I took 1 1/2 incehs out of my seat and love it. You can see a pic in my garage.

I did it myself. Do a search to find out how to do it. It has been discussed alot.

I just took the foam out of the seat and razored the bottom of the foam. Do Not razor the top of the foam,because this will make your seat feel lumpy and uncomfortable.Just cut a little bit out and set it on ur bike and sit on it and see how it feels

once you ride if for a while the shocks will tend to sink a little bit. I'm your height with the same bike but i bought it used (its an 04). it is shorter than a new one because the shocks are "broken in". just take it easy for a while till you get used to it and you should be all right.

I'm 5'5" and we used a grinding wheel and took out about 3/4"-1" from my stock seat foam. Every little bit helps!