Sign in to follow this  

How much is an acre where u live?

Location, location, location. In my humble little town in Northern CA you cannot touch anything for under 1 MM. An acre runs about 2MM.

Picked up almost 60 wooded acres in PA adjoining a state park and lake in 1999 for $700 per acre. Plans were to build there after retirement. That lasted 6 mo. Ended up building a log home and moving there. Nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. Its like living at camp. Nothing could be better !

Real hilly and a few streams. Perfect for riding. Set up a practice HS course that is around 3 mi per lap. If I want to add 10 - 15 more mi, I take a short trip accross the tip of the park and ther is a few hundred acres to ride on.

My neighbor during the same year bought a 101 acres for $500 acre thought he's not against the park and lake.

If I lived in places like you guys are talking about, I'd have sold along time ago. My big reason for moving from my crouded old neighborhood where vacant land is "only" $50,000 per acre was to RIDE, RIDE, RIDE. And not be a slave to society and whims of other land owners. No building permits required either !

The wife bought a few horses all is happy. I ride every night .

Here in alabama its pretty cheap. Even if you have ponds and streams land doesnt run a whole lot more then $3000 an acre out in the boondocks.

I thought land was expensive here in Iowa, but I guess I'm wrong. We have been looking for 20-40 acres in the country to build on. If you get about 30 minutes from town, crop land, pasture or timber all goes for about $4000 an acre.

Some land which is rugged and in large parcels, goes for $2500 an acre.

The closer to town the higher it goes. If you are on the edge of town and would be considered prime development, price can get as high as $50,000 an acre. That would be a couple of acres, overlooking the Mississippi river valley.

We just looked at an old farm that's within the city limits, 100 acres at 8K an acre. Most of it is rugged timber, low land and undevelopable. A bargain, considering the location, but $800,000 is way out of our price range.

If you want cheap land head out to New Mexico.

I saw several signs advertising land for $500 an acre. Its pretty isolated and wont have sewer/water, but I like it out there. I plan on getting me some land out there someday.

We just bought a house, on 10 acres of open land, and a new huge pole barn/garage. The house was just built in 2000 and is 2210 sq/foot.

We got a STEAL for this thing, his asking price was 110,000 (Up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, so cheap real estate).

We got it for 70,000 after taxes and closing costs, paid cash, and its all ours, paid off now!

I plan to build a track.

Every place is differenct but 'for the most part' land prices change depending on size and location. Small tracts (1 ac. & below ) are going to be the highest per acre. The larger the tract the more the price with drop per acre. Also most of the time the more rural the area the cheaper the price is per acre.

Research the tracts that have sold in the area you are looking at buying. Find tracts of roughly the same size and see what they have sold for in the last 6 months. Also make sure to reasearch the same type of property (e.i. - roughly the same road frontage, water/power avail., ect..).

Most of this reasearch can be done at the court house or property assessor.

Good luck.