Sign in to follow this  

What bar bend do you guys use on your 06'???

I'm just wondering what your Guy's favorite bar bend is?? I have read in the magazines that the 06' is more comfortable with a higher bend, but was wondering what the rest of you use. Also note how tall you are so i can get a comparable idea.

Thanks

I went with the Pro Taper (Reed bend). It's a taller bend compared to the stock bars and much more comfortable.

Good Riding,

YZ250F06

Pro-taper's Reed/Henry feels oh so good. It is about a half inch taller than stock with a little more pull back. The stock bars have very little pull back and the Reed/Henry are about middle of road for pull back compared to other bars. They are identical to renthal's Mcgrath bend.

I actually really like the Stock bend. Am I the only one?

I actually really like the Stock bend. Am I the only one?

I'm with ya.

I think that the stock bend is perfect. Does anyone now exactly what bend they are? Thanks, Nick

Its a special bend just for Yamaha. Very little pullback and very low. It may feel good to you but other bends may feel good as well. Its hard to say one is better than another unless you have tried them all.

The stock bars that come with the 2006 YZ250F's are the RC bend. I called Pro Taper and asked them because I could not stand the stock bars. The stock bars were too low.

Good Riding,

YZ250F06

Changed mine to the Pro Taper Contour Henry/Reed bend, stock was too low for my height, there was a noticable difference.

I figure the yz and the wr handlebars are the same. Makes no sense to be different in a production standpoint.

Anyways for my 06 WR250F, it's the Renthal Yamaha bend (p/n 790-02)

The stock 04 TT-R250 has the same handlebar bend because I measured it. The same bend rides higher on the WR because of its geometry.

I'm using the Ben Lamay bend from 909 because it gives me more height, less pullback, and less width compared to the Renthal Yamaha bend. It also helped to clear the front brake line from hitting the Cycra triple clamp mounts.