Carb problem

I have two 04 KX 250f's, Last year one needed valve work and I put it off until now. I replaced the two intake vales lapped all and re-installed, at the same time I disassembled the carb because the hot start was frozen and wanted to check the rest of the carb. The carb looked very clean. Assembled the bike and started it, it wouldn't idle and would not stay running without the choke on. (running lean over all) Removed the carb and cleaned in a carb agitating tank, re-assemble with Kawasaki techs and still the same. Switched the carbs of the two bikes and bike runs great. The problem with stayed with the carb. Any suggestions?

before you get all bent out of shape, there is a plate that goes on the slide when you put it in, we had this problem once. that plate looks like it goes one way, but it doesn't. There is the letter M stamped on the face, when you hold the slide upright (normal) the plate should go on so the M faces normal (so you can read it). I accidentally put it on backwards one day in the shop and the bike would fire up but you had to stay on the gas and use the choke to keep it running. Finally after checking one of my other bike's carbs i noticed i had that plate on upside down when i installed it back on the slide. I flipped it over and bam, bike worked great.

I replaced the two intake valves lapped all and re-installed

You just drastically shortened the life of your new valves! You are not supposed to lap these valves. It removes the hardened coating. This is stated in the manual. ?