The skinny on KTM abduction in Hysteria,Ca

Sorry to leave ya hanging,I should have posted when I had more time:

On Feb 25th I started out from my house in the city of Hesperia for a loop to a local lake (silverwood) Hesperia is it is a rural community in the high dez off of the I 15 that is quickly becoming urbanized by anti ohv scum,that have taken over a nice place to live. I had been doing this ride for years never a problem.AsI had said in my first post my bike a 03' KTM 450 exc that is plated was confiscated for being a public nuisance,Hesperia has a ordinance, 8.32.22 that reads any vehicle that is being operated on private property without owners written permission

is declared a public nuisance. The private property that I am referring to is about a 100 acre piece of barron dez that is at the best of my knowledge is owned by southern California Edison after the crime I looked for some signs and was able to find 2 neither one of them are evan close to where I entered. The signs read no trespassing no dumping and a picture of southern cal Edison logo and caution underground cable.This is on the outskirts of the city just a small section of the loop it takes no more than 45 seconds to go through it this area is what they are crying about this is where hesperia sheriffs on stock klx's say they waived me over to them but I kept going at a high rate of speed I know what your thinking but read on this is where in their own words the high speed pursuit started from. I did see a 2-3 bikes on the north side of property but they were to far away to I.D them as cops,these bikes have no siren flashing red lights or evan a flashing headlight,and I admit that I was moving along at a pretty good clip but not ditch the fuzz flat out race mode anyway this section it turns into a graded dirt road with a few houses on it and i slowed down for about a 1/2 mile until the road ended and turned into dez I was then on some single track I pick up the pace some may be a 1/2 mile into this trail just out of habit I look behind me and i see a moving spek of green it looked like maybe he was on the trail or was at the end of graded road I didn't think much about it I see people riding out here all the time I keep on going my mouth piece on my camel pack starts to drip ice water on my leg damn kid I tell him dont touch my stuff so I

slow down almost stop to squeeze the mouth piece opening open and shut a few times that usually works and it did so I grab a handful off and running for about 1mile I look back to see if the green spek is still there and he is about 300yds or so away it had rained about a week earlier so my dust was not to bad but there was some so between that and the distance I still cant ID the bike or the rider as the law I can see the rider standing up on the pegs it did look as though he might be trying to get my attention or just trying to get a better view of the area hard to say maybe I know him might be someone to ride with so I slow down start drinking some nice ice cold water mmmm good stuff I was at that point going 15-20mph just when I look back to see if the rider had caught up i didn't hear him because iam listening to some old stones on my DVD player thats stuffed into my camel pack pocket.and before I could even react super cop jumps off his bike gets a hold of my upper body like he was making a tackle and slams me down on the ground face first with him on top of me and my bike on top of my leg jumping up and down on me like he was on a bull in a rodeo while cuffing me and all pissed off yelling iam a sheriff and your under f-----------ing arrest your bike is confiscated and you wont get it back well the truth is I have a short fuse and I think I was probally more pissed than he was I just couldn't help myself I started cussing back at him to get his----------off me(yes I knew that was a mistake but I had lost it he ignored me and started grinding his knee into the middle of my back in a way it kind of tickled in the next few seconds I got a hold of myself and stoped cussing and moving and he did let me get my leg with the 2 half doller size holes in it out from under my bike and lets me sit up his partner shows up on another bike and then after him a cruiser drives up on a near by service road supercop tells me he has been trying to catch up with me for the last 5 miles I tell him I didn't know he was a sheriff until you had the cuffs on me and I was able to see that his bike had a sheriffs emblem on both sides and one on the front of the plastic headlight shrowd he didn't believe me he said he saw me look back several times which is about 1/2 true you know the story I was then arrested taken to jail booked for a PC148 and released about 4 hours later this was on I think a Saturday. Sunday I call the impoundment yard their closed,next morning I make the famous coughing sneezing phone call to my work and grab 300 from the atm go to the impoundment yard and wait for them to open.find out that I need to get a release from the sheriffs station down the street I go there tell them who I am and what I want they tell me I have to wait for the traffic sargent to come on duty I knew then I was getting the run around called back same thing blabablabla I got a hold of a lawyer who I had take over the correspondence because my ears were getting red again didn't want to make things worst I got a letter from the impoundment yard saying that I could get it back if i payed 30 days of impoundment fees a little over 1500 I got the cash went to the impoudment yard and was told the sheriffs department picked the bike up 2 days ago I called the attorney told him about the notice I received and said that the tow yard probally didn't no what the sheriffs were doing is why I got the notice he then tells me that he had been told by the sheriff that he needed to talk to the city attorney about it the rest of the story is just more BS and this was the first offense in the 11 years I have lived hear this was the first time I had ever talked to a Hesperia cop pretty crazy I know wheather anyone believes it or not bottom line is

DONT RIDE IN HESPERIA

I did see a 2-3 bikes on the north side of property but they were to far away to I.D them as cops,these bikes have no siren flashing red lights or evan a flashing headlight,and I admit that I was moving along at a pretty good clip but not ditch the fuzz .

You need to find a good attorney, California VC is real specific on what it takes to make a traffic stop. one of the items is a solid red light displayed, not just stickers on a bike. sorry I do not have the VC section at hand but you can look it up on the web.

Good Luck.

I agree with Dsrt14 on the vehicle code thing. Because of criminals posing as cops and pulling people over (and then robbing them - or worse) a person does not have to pull over for anything other than a "clearly marked" police vehicle. If there is any question about it, a person can legally keep driving until they get to an area where many other people are present. Hell, I doubt I would stop for somebody out in the middle of nowhere simply because they had a couple of stickers on their bike. Plus, I'm sure he had a sidearm(?) I would be inclined to ride to a place where others are present....call me paranoid. ?

I did see a 2-3 bikes on the north side of property but they were to far away to I.D them as cops,these bikes have no siren flashing red lights or evan a flashing headlight,and I admit that I was moving along at a pretty good clip but not ditch the fuzz .

You need to find a good attorney, California VC is real specific on what it takes to make a traffic stop. one of the items is a solid red light displayed, not just stickers on a bike. sorry I do not have the VC section at hand but you can look it up on the web.

Good Luck.

That might be worth a try, but he was busted for a "Public Nuisance" violation, a local ordinance, not a California Vehicle Code violation. ?

That might be worth a try, but he was busted for a "Public Nuisance" violation, a local ordinance, not a California Vehicle Code violation. ?

You might be right, Could be how the city is geting around PC 602.2

It would be nice to know what he section he was arested for.

I know wheather anyone believes it or not bottom line is

DONT RIDE IN HESPERIA

No, the bottom line is DONT RIDE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE PROPERTY OWNERS

?

Your beginning statements show you knew the piece of 'barron dez' was owned by Edison, but you chose to ride onto it anyways. ?

No, the bottom line is DONT RIDE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE PROPERTY OWNERS

?

Your beginning statements show you knew the piece of 'barron dez' was owned by Edison, but you chose to ride onto it anyways. ?

You must be a LEO .......... just riding on a barren piece of the dez is not a crime, as you know you need the other elements

602.2. Any ordinance or resolution adopted by a county which

requires written permission to enter vacant or unimproved private

land from either the owner, the owner's agent, or the person in

lawful possession of private land, shall not apply unless the land is

immediately adjacent and contiguous to residential property, or

enclosed by fence, or under cultivation, or posted with signs

forbidding trespass, displayed at intervals of not less than three to

a mile, along all exterior boundaries and at all roads and trails

entering the private land.

?

dude - I'm glad things are so black and white where you ride. Obviously you do not ride in So Cal or in the Desert. Here it is 100% - I REPEAT 100% IMPOSSIBLE. If you get a map, you will see an unbelieveably convoluted checkerboard of BLM and privately owned land on the map. But what do you see when you're there - nothing but land - with fantasicly beautiful trails leading out over all of it. No fences, no gates, no signs, no nothing. If you ride out there, chances are EXCELLENT that in any one day, you've crossed dozens of private land boundries. The BLM is starting to put up more signage, but it's still impossible not to cross at times. Completely unknowingly. Whether the poster crossed knowingly or not is not my point. My point is that in So Cal at least, it's impossible to go on a ride and not cross private land. Even if you think you've never done it before and you're pointing the ? finger at the poster, I guarantee that if you've ridden the desert, you've done the same thing. Get a BLM map and weep. It's checkerboarded everywhere.

Don't ride on private property without the permission of the landowners was the first step. The next step is don't ride any trail that isn't marked "OK to Ride" and is clearly marked on your map. And believe me, we're almost there. Another few strokes of the pen in Sac and we're there. Pull you head out of that smelly dark place and figure out what's going on!!!

• Like 1

Apple Valley has similar laws in their municipal codes. Fortunately, they don't have Sheriffs waiting to put the jump on you with dual sport bikes. The counties now adopted laws that pretty much blanket the entire area of Riverside and San Bernardino. The dual sport bikes are supposed to get you to your favorite riding spot legally. You might check Hesperia's codes and see if your bike would qualify as a street bike if maybe that would change the penalty to just trespassing. The city of Hesperia was a corrupt unit a few years ago. I don't know if things have changed. Maybe they are trying to generate revenue to repair their crappy roads.

I saw them today at Dale Evans, right as you get off the freeway.

midnightrider, I really hope you get your bike back. The fact that the sheriff handled you pretty rough makes me even more mad. My cousins live in Hesperia, and they ride along the powerlines all the time. I guess not anymore. Sucks too, they had great riding areas right next to their house.

I use to live on the Mesa in Hesperia from 8-03 to 8-05. When I first moved there I rode right out of my garage and went down the street 1 block and was in the open desert. I started to hear about and finally see the fuzz riding around on bikes in the summer of 2004. I never disturbed anyone by riding fast down the street or thru there yard etc. I even walked my bike the 1 block the majority of the time. However many other people did not respect other homeowners and that is the main reason in my opinion that hesperia put the clamps on riding. Yes i was dissapointed when this happened but luckily house prices skyrocketed and I was fed up so I sold and moved the hell out of that pot holed infested city and state and I am glad i did. The cops out there are a little high strung, must be to much coffee at there donut conventions or something, just be careful its not worth losing your bike over. Marc

Yes, the incorporated part of Apple Valley stretches into Stoddard Valley east to Central Rd. It also extends just north of Dale Evans and the 15 fwy. I thought that was all unincorporated. The town must have grabbed it up when the Walmart warehouse and the juvenile center were approved. The race track is about the east limit. I'm not sure what is county and what is BLM after that. A good map, as mentioned before, is the only way to be sure. There is private property with houses just east of the dry lake south of Johnson road. I am curious just how much of that area is held in private ownership and if what happened to midnightrider is going to be commonplace with the new laws. ?

dude - I'm glad things are so black and white where you ride. Obviously you do not ride in So Cal or in the Desert. Here it is 100% - I REPEAT 100% IMPOSSIBLE. If you get a map, you will see an unbelieveably convoluted checkerboard of BLM and privately owned land on the map. But what do you see when you're there - nothing but land - with fantasicly beautiful trails leading out over all of it. No fences, no gates, no signs, no nothing. If you ride out there, chances are EXCELLENT that in any one day, you've crossed dozens of private land boundries. The BLM is starting to put up more signage, but it's still impossible not to cross at times. Completely unknowingly. Whether the poster crossed knowingly or not is not my point. My point is that in So Cal at least, it's impossible to go on a ride and not cross private land. Even if you think you've never done it before and you're pointing the ? finger at the poster, I guarantee that if you've ridden the desert, you've done the same thing. Get a BLM map and weep. It's checkerboarded everywhere.

Don't ride on private property without the permission of the landowners was the first step. The next step is don't ride any trail that isn't marked "OK to Ride" and is clearly marked on your map. And believe me, we're almost there. Another few strokes of the pen in Sac and we're there. Pull you head out of that smelly dark place and figure out what's going on!!!

They checker boarded everything to make it difficult for us dirt bikers, now if they want they can go after us as we ride trails that have been here since the mining days. The SW side of jawbone is full of this checkerboard country. ?