new member big problems:(

I recently purchased an 06 kxf450, since the weather in NJ has been shitty, and etown has been closed I have only been able to ride it 2-3 times. To make a long story short I was riding it at a private track near etown and the freakin thing seized up. I took it over to dean fastway in east windsor nj and he called up some friends to see if they knew of any known problems and they didnt. Well I call the kawi dealer and no help from them, just some dude yelling at me that I prob abused the hell out of it. So I am really pissed and call Kawi of America. Once again not to much help from the guy besides telling me to take it apart(big mistake listening to do this) and see if it was a manufactures defect.

Today I get a call from my friend who is like hey im sending you some links from this website thumpertalk about alot of people have the same problems you did with their motors. Here is the thing, on my bike when I took it apart, it also looked like the cam journals werent machined properly due to the cams and the journels having uneven wear on them, and the obvious my crank is seized. What is everyone doing about these catostrofic engine failures? has anyone had Kawasaki warrenty anything? Have the dealerships been helpfull? I havent been able to ride since oct. 05 and I just bought my new bike and was so excited to get back into it and now this:( any help or tips would be greatly apriciated-Antonio

I recently purchased an 06 kxf450, since the weather in NJ has been shitty, and etown has been closed I have only been able to ride it 2-3 times. To make a long story short I was riding it at a private track near etown and the freakin thing seized up. I took it over to dean fastway in east windsor nj and he called up some friends to see if they knew of any known problems and they didnt. Well I call the kawi dealer and no help from them, just some dude yelling at me that I prob abused the hell out of it. So I am really pissed and call Kawi of America. Once again not to much help from the guy besides telling me to take it apart(big mistake listening to do this) and see if it was a manufactures defect.

Today I get a call from my friend who is like hey im sending you some links from this website thumpertalk about alot of people have the same problems you did with their motors. Here is the thing, on my bike when I took it apart, it also looked like the cam journals werent machined properly due to the cams and the journels having uneven wear on them, and the obvious my crank is seized. What is everyone doing about these catostrofic engine failures? has anyone had Kawasaki warrenty anything? Have the dealerships been helpfull? I havent been able to ride since oct. 05 and I just bought my new bike and was so excited to get back into it and now this:( any help or tips would be greatly apriciated-Antonio

You have BOTH a crank failure and cam wear?? Any oil in the motor?

Good for you, would you like a cookie? Why would I lie about something like this on a public forum, I joined just to get feedback for this one problem.

That's precisely the reason that he wants pictures. Because we are on a public forum and anyone can come here and make all of the claims that they want to.

Let me rephrase his statement to a kinder/gentler format: Please forgive my skepticism but due to recent claims without any visible proof, do you mind taking some pictures for us? This will help eleviate any false claims since many of us HAVE had excellent running bikes and have not personally experienced or know of anyone that has experienced these problems. This is a very good bike and I'm just trying to protect its lively hood from those that may attempt to discredit it.

Antonio you need to take this bike back to the dealer that you purchased it from before opening or disassembling anything - they will need to take care of the issues with Kawi. You may void any free repair doing this yourself - please keep this forum posted on your findings..

Antonio you need to take this bike back to the dealer that you purchased it from before opening or disassembling anything - they will need to take care of the issues with Kawi. You may void any free repair doing this yourself - please keep this forum posted on your findings..

That was precisely my thought. You open it up and, if they're as shitty as you indicate, they could use that to distance themselves from your claims. If you let them do it, (which sounds like it's too late), then there's less chance you could be accused of manipulating something.

Good for you, would you like a cookie? Why would I lie about something like this on a public forum, I joined just to get feedback for this one problem.

Since you are new to these forums, you don't know about some of the idiots that go posting false things. You'd be suprised on how many people post false problems and what not. I have every reason not to believe you, And pictures would bring me around to believing you, but until then, I'm not.

Once again I ask, Was there oil in the Motor?? You have 2 unrelated problems occurring at the same time on a new bike. Chance for 1 problem, but real longshot for 2. The only cause I can forsee is lack of oil in the engine would cause both problems simultaneously. A plugged oil screen or passageway could cause your cam problems, but your crank would have been ok if there was sufficient oil. Your cam problems would not have caused your crank problem, and your crank problem should not have caused your cam problems.

well my friend works at extreme machines and im putting the whole thing back together tonight, he said he wont say anything about the bike being opened prior to him touching it. Hopefully things will work out for me I guess. Is there a certain site people upload photos on? I usually use streetneeds but there is no format selection for this site. (basically how do I post pics) And for whoever thinks im bashing this bike, I am not, I love it, by far my fav bike I have rode.

Once again I ask, Was there oil in the Motor?? You have 2 unrelated problems occurring at the same time on a new bike. Chance for 1 problem, but real longshot for 2. The only cause I can forsee is lack of oil in the engine would cause both problems simultaneously. A plugged oil screen or passageway could cause your cam problems, but your crank would have been ok if there was sufficient oil. Your cam problems would not have caused your crank problem, and your crank problem should not have caused your cam problems.

When I drained it, it was all there and crystal clear.

well my friend works at extreme machines and im putting the whole thing back together tonight, he said he wont say anything about the bike being opened prior to him touching it. Hopefully things will work out for me I guess. Is there a certain site people upload photos on? I usually use streetneeds but there is no format selection for this site. (basically how do I post pics) And for whoever thinks im bashing this bike, I am not, I love it, by far my fav bike I have rode.

We look forward (or maybe not ? ) to seeing your photos. Hopefully you will have no problems getting this "warrantied".